Cape Liberty Summer 2024

• 2 weeks later...

The demand exists for an Oasis-class ship from NJ. My primary guess would be Symphony of the Seas comes up from the Caribbean to take the summer itineraries. Normally she goes to Europe in the Spring, but she's in the Caribbean through the end of April 2024. That would leave Fort Lauderdale without an Oasis-class ship, however. 

The other option is Allure finally hits dry dock/amplification in Spring 2024, then comes up to Cape Liberty. The reasons i'm leaning away from this are 1) it takes away 3/4-night Oasis-class cruises, and 2) it's pretty deep into the season to take a ship out of service for amplification. However, Port Canaveral still has an Oasis-class ship with Wonder of the Seas.

54 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I see Liberty and Jewel going out of NJ next summer on the site ... any chance that's it? 

Liberty is taking over from Adventure as the second ship out of NJ over the summer 2023 season (in addition to Oasis).

Jewel will only be there for a short while doing fall foliage itineraries after returning from Europe. She is already slated to be in Europe again in summer 2024, so any sailings out of NJ would again be limited to late summer/early autumn.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:31 PM, Shanenz84 said:

I think Utopia is due Q2 2024.... so that timing is a possibility.. or maybe even Wonder with Utopia going to Port Canaveral. What is the LNG fuel situation in NY ?

Highly unlikely that Utopia would set sail from Cape Liberty in 2024.  With the ship scheduled for delivery in Q2 2024 it is far more likely Royal would have Utopia homeport out of Barcelona and Civitavecchia for the entire spring/summer season before moving Utopia to Florida in November of 2024.

It is far more likely that an Oasis Class ship already here in America will find its way up to New York and Cape Liberty in 2024.

50 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

Highly unlikely that Utopia would set sail from Cape Liberty in 2024.  With the ship scheduled for delivery in Q2 2024 it is far more likely Royal would have Utopia homeport out of Barcelona and Civitavecchia for the entire spring/summer season before moving Utopia to Florida in November of 2024.

It is far more likely that an Oasis Class ship already here in America will find its way up to New York and Cape Liberty in 2024.

But do they all have the retractable stacks like oasis?

37 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

If I'm not mistaken I think both Oasis and Allure have retractable stacks, I don't know about the remaining Oasis Class ships.

Looks like you're right about Allure. I found this report about Allure passing underneath a bridge in Denmark:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/01/cruise.ship.bridge/index.html

Guess that makes her a prime candidate to take over from Oasis.

On 11/29/2022 at 4:28 PM, FionaMG said:

Looks like you're right about Allure. I found this report about Allure passing underneath a bridge in Denmark:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/01/cruise.ship.bridge/index.html

Guess that makes her a prime candidate to take over from Oasis.

I believe all Oasis class ships has to due to the bridge in Demark