We sail in 4 days. Where are the show times?

ElmoHongZito

I see a bunch of activities including times on the app but I don’t see anything about ice skating show times, aquatheater show times, and broadway show times. 

I was hoping to see this before boarding so I can be ready to chose what time I will reserve main dining (can do now) and specialty dining (can do once we are on ship). 

Do you think obtaining this information now is possible? 

55 minutes ago, ElmoHongZito said:

I see a bunch of activities including times on the app but I don’t see anything about ice skating show times, aquatheater show times, and broadway show times. 

I was hoping to see this before boarding so I can be ready to chose what time I will reserve main dining (can do now) and specialty dining (can do once we are on ship). 

Do you think obtaining this information now is possible? 

Try looking at previously uploaded Cruise Compasses and search for your ship and itinerary if available... 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

When you board head to guest services and ask for the entertainment sheet, they used to have it, though on my last Anthem sailing a week ago they said they didn’t do that.  (However I did see a passenger with one!)You can also ask them which shows/venues need reservations and if they know the times of the shows.   The entertainment will also load in the app, though sometimes some of it won’t load until later in the day for reservations so it’s a good idea to ask Guest Services about what needs reservations. 

On 11/16/2022 at 11:53 PM, JohnK6404 said:

Try looking at previously uploaded Cruise Compasses and search for your ship and itinerary if available... 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

I had already tried this and it was all over the place. Could not find one with same ship route in same destination order and the ones were most similar were all different as far as days and timed for shows.

My suggestion, which is what I do, is to make a calendar or spreadsheet of everything you already have booked - your excursions, current dining reservations whether specialty or MDR. When you get on the ship, there should be a flyer with all of the shows in all of the entertainment venues. There WILL also be one or more places in the promenade with staff stationed to help you make all of your reservations. I usually make all of my entertainment reservations first. Then I go to the specialty dining reservation kiosk and book or change all of those reservations. Then to the MDR podium, if necessary, to review my table placement and/or try to make any changes. You cannot do all of this in advance. There WILL be plenty of staff that will be easy to find to direct you to these reservation locations. Plan what you can now and be prepared to make your reservations onboard. And then RELAX and have fun!!!!!

show times are relatively always the same I have discovered. 2 options for main shows per day: 7 pm or 9pm, maybe an afternoon ice show. 

you usually cannot book these until you board on day 1.  

If you are doing My time dining, you should have selected way in advance, not 4 days before your cruise.  All the best times get selected early.  7pm is popular. 

45 minutes ago, D Alt said:

show times are relatively always the same I have discovered. 2 options for main shows per day: 7 pm or 9pm, maybe an afternoon ice show. 

you usually cannot book these until you board on day 1.  

If you are doing My time dining, you should have selected way in advance, not 4 days before your cruise.  All the best times get selected early.  7pm is popular. 

Just learning this now. The app won’t allow me to reserve my time dining anymore. I reserved only for one of the days (7:15pm) a while back while testing the app. I’m new to this. It sucks that I try to plan in advance and end up in the same situation as someone that just boards the ship and figures it out as they go. Hopefully when we board I can get this all straightened out.

23 minutes ago, ElmoHongZito said:

I saw that but it doesn’t show cats broadway musical, aqua80 shows, or frozen in time shows. Those are pretty much the big shows the oasis of the seas has.

Can you access the Daily Planner for the currents sailing (Nov 13) from the App?  That should give you a good idea of the schedule, even if days are switched around, at least the showtimes are the same.

23 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Can you access the Daily Planner for the currents sailing (Nov 13) from the App?  That should give you a good idea of the schedule, even if days are switched around, at least the showtimes are the same.

I don’t see where I can toggle any other sailing other than the one that I am booked for which shows by default.

19 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

@ElmoHongZito, check out these schedules on the Oasis sailing right now

IMG_4936.thumb.PNG.9ad860b1c54928c0d12f50105f3e8e26.PNG  IMG_4938.thumb.PNG.f940ba985c903866ea267d666dcb5597.PNG  IMG_4935.thumb.PNG.b96c492d59183d664cfe09f94c07ce26.PNG

Is that out of Miami? If so, those schedules are so different from everything I found on Compass similar sailings.

For example, the compasses I found show cats always on day 3 and 4 with both days offering an evening showing. Your post shows days 6 and 7 with only one evening showing.

D4C1EBE1-D0D4-4EAB-80D6-CE74B2EB2B87.jpeg

92DA21EF-8770-41BC-90FD-8ED7650B56A1.jpeg

12853452-9CE7-4330-81C8-14A502E45523.jpeg

23 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

The schedules I posted are from the Oasis sailing this week (November 13-20), so if you're sailing on the Oasis tomorrow, chances are they'll have very similar schedules. 

The one you posted is eastern caribbean and the one I am doing is Western Caribbean. Do you think the schedules will be the same? 

11 minutes ago, ElmoHongZito said:

The one you posted is eastern caribbean and the one I am doing is Western Caribbean. Do you think the schedules will be the same? 

Not exactly the same, but at least for the time each night, they will be close.  

What time is your check-in at the port tomorrow?

13 minutes ago, ElmoHongZito said:

Our checkin is at 11:30

Good!  That's early enough.  As soon as you get on board, look for the "Box Office".  On the Wonder it was at the Pub.  I forgot where I found it on the Oasis last year.  Have a list of all the shows you want to watch on hand.  Make reservations for each.  I suggest you book the earliest possible showing of the Aqua Show, which gets cancelled more often than the other shows.  At least, if the earlier shows get cancelled, you can book for the later ones, if they don't automatically reschedule your reservation.  I am VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY sure, you will not have a problem booking "Cats", so book the Ice Show second.

3 hours ago, ElmoHongZito said:

Just learning this now. The app won’t allow me to reserve my time dining anymore. I reserved only for one of the days (7:15pm) a while back while testing the app. I’m new to this. It sucks that I try to plan in advance and end up in the same situation as someone that just boards the ship and figures it out as they go. Hopefully when we board I can get this all straightened out.

you can usually find a Dining representative on the Promenade deck and you can try to change your dining times with them on day one.  Then you can go through the Daily planner on the app and reserve the shows.  But I wouldn't worry about missing a show. There are plenty of seats. 

2 hours ago, ElmoHongZito said:

Thanks a bunch for this and your guidance with everything. I’ll probably go straight here as soon as we board.

You’re welcome! I didn’t want you to miss any of the shows. I’m like you, I want to watch all the shows on every cruise I’m on. Being a solo cruisers it’s easier for me to “sneak” into the venues.  On Oasis, I watch all shows, repeats and all. lol.

I do lots of back to backs and they sometimes don't know the entertainment schedule for the following week until the day before. Lots of considerations to be made; including new guest headliners, the time it takes to prepare the sets for the main shows, changes to the cast due to sick or injured requiring cancellations or more rehearsals with stand-ins...sometimes even the weather forecast will cause scheduling issues for some shows. 

I like having the ability to make pre-boarding entrainment reservations...but I know sometimes that's not possible. Even when I'm already aboard the day before. But, luckily for me, I like dining early so never have a problem with dining/entertainment comflicts.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!