Black Friday = 11/17 start for C&A?

Cactus527

11 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

My TA just posted via FB that it appears RC is starting Black Friday deals tomorrow, 11/17, for Crown & Anchor Society members. Excited and really hoping it's true!

How do I see the BF sales I am Dimond C and A is there a place to go other than the cruise planner?  Is it automatic once I log in to see the BF deals?

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I see no changes to any of my cruises or their cruise planners

One of my cruises has actually gone up. No change to the other one. And no sign of cruise planner discounts yet.

I did notice that the Black Friday/Cyber Monday discount on cruises doesn't appear to be combinable with C&A balcony discounts, so you get $100 off on oceanview and several hundred off suites but you don't get anything off a balcony because the C&A discount if more than the BF discount. 😕

I called and had OBC applied for the cruise I booked yesterday (Jan trip).  It was basically the price the cruise was on Monday when I first priced it.  Seems they raised the price by $48 just before the sale that dropped it $48.

My cruise in Oct is still $100 more than when we booked it.

For those not seeing any difference, check the details on the pricing and you should see a cyber Monday deduction.  If not, try going through the advertisement on the crown and anchor page and ensuring your numbers are used during the mock booking.

12 hours ago, Big Tule said:

repriced my trip  for jan 2024  $350 saving and kept OBC ...get in there everyone

Would someone help this newbie out?  How do you reprice a trip?  What does "get in there" mean?  Where am I getting into?!  🙂   I booked our July '23 cruise using Next Cruise and it's linked to a TA, so do I need to call the TA to check?  Sorry, I don't know how/if I can check this myself or if I need to reach out to the TA and hoping you all can guide me.  Thanks!  

22 minutes ago, letscruise said:

Would someone help this newbie out?  How do you reprice a trip?  What does "get in there" mean?  Where am I getting into?!  🙂   I booked our July '23 cruise using Next Cruise and it's linked to a TA, so do I need to call the TA to check?  Sorry, I don't know how/if I can check this myself or if I need to reach out to the TA and hoping you all can guide me.  Thanks!  

The TA will need to check the price to see if it's better. Some TAs do it proactively, some do not. But reach out to them.

28 minutes ago, letscruise said:

I repriced mine by calling royal myself as I booked it online ....if you have a TA they should do it for you otherwise I would look to change them for you next trip....you can check it yourself by applying the deal on the royal website and picking  the same type of cabin and seeing the price that comes back...is it lower than you paid? does it include the perks ie OBC ? I do not know if the next cruise can be repriced maybe @Matt or @twangster can be of help..I think it can if it is within a certain time frame but I may be wrong....I found it quite easy to do and the staff on the phone were very helpful...good luck with it

38 minutes ago, Big Tule said:

I repriced mine by calling royal myself as I booked it online ....if you have a TA they should do it for you otherwise I would look to change them for you next trip....you can check it yourself by applying the deal on the royal website and picking  the same type of cabin and seeing the price that comes back...is it lower than you paid? does it include the perks ie OBC ? I do not know if the next cruise can be repriced maybe @Matt or @twangster can be of help..I think it can if it is within a certain time frame but I may be wrong....I found it quite easy to do and the staff on the phone were very helpful...good luck with it

Next cruise bookings can be repriced in the North American market just like other bookings.  No loss of NC OBC should occur.  

Interesting, but noteworthy and sad detail for me:

Had a DBP booked for myself, my +1 having a refreshment package (no alc drinker), booked today with sale price for her.

As the price is good today, I cancelled my existing DBP online (was 73€/day) and called RCL to buy the DBP for me alone (as this is not possible online).

First agent said, every guest travelling in the cabin has to buy the refreshment package if the Double feature for DBP is voided. Now, we are having a toddler and a little girl with us. I insisted on this rule only applying for adults, and she insisted on her opinion. No chance.

So, HUACA. Next agent said, no problem (at all), BUT he was not able to add the single DBP for me with the sale price because it only applies to double bookings (as buy one get one with 50%). My CP did not state this condition for the price of 64€/day, but what should I do?

So, my greed overwhelmed me and I got busted!

What would you do now?

Caro

20 minutes ago, Carotthat said:

Interesting, but noteworthy and sad detail for me:

Had a DBP booked for myself, my +1 having a refreshment package (no alc drinker), booked today with sale price for her.

As the price is good today, I cancelled my existing DBP online (was 73€/day) and called RCL to buy the DBP for me alone (as this is not possible online).

First agent said, every guest travelling in the cabin has to buy the refreshment package if the Double feature for DBP is voided. Now, we are having a toddler and a little girl with us. I insisted on this rule only applying for adults, and she insisted on her opinion. No chance.

So, HUACA. Next agent said, no problem (at all), BUT he was not able to add the single DBP for me with the sale price because it only applies to double bookings (as buy one get one with 50%). My CP did not state this condition for the price of 64€/day, but what should I do?

So, my greed overwhelmed me and I got busted!

What would you do now?

Caro

If the cruise planner is offering a BOGO (Buy One Get One) half off discount that does imply purchasing two packages, one at full price, one at half price.  However on board a ship when they offered the BOGO (Buy One Get One) half off discount on day one I've been successful in getting that applied as a solo.  It amounts to a 25% discount from the onboard rate.  

If the CP is not offering a BOGO, rather a simple discount, then I'd keep calling until you reach an agent who agrees.

I am with you twangster. First on CP it looked like BOGO 

Then, after picking this item, it looks like real one by one - the price was also told from the agent. BOGO price is different.

The last agent seemed really competent, the system simply won't let him do it?

real.jpg

bogo.jpg

Well I scored a deal! Well not really as compared to the old days, but I got the beach club for $123. It was at $225-which is ridiculous! Now it’s less ridiculous! Miss the days of $79.99

I did buy it at the ridiculous price to basically hold my spot. Not having to buy the DBP anymore helped. So the sale price was a nice surprise this morning 

One thing I like about the new CP format is you can buy without cancelling the old one first. That was always a worry that you’d cancel and when you go to buy at lower price it suddenly was sold out

1 hour ago, Plumlee2028 said:

Mine won't let me buy anything, keeps having payment processing issues.  Multiple cards, different devices, etc. 

Yes, it appears to be broken atm. I was able to snag a couple of things earlier and it was working fine but when I went back in to get some more stuff it told me first that my card was no good and then that my cart had rolled away! 🙄

17 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

Mine now says it's down for maintenance! 

Yup. Mine too. I would have got everything I wanted first thing but didn’t have enough money on my card. So glad I was able to pay for the couple of things I really wanted immediately and lock the price in. I wonder if the prices will go up again during "maintenance"?

Earlier today the Deluxe Drink Package was priced at $57.99 35%off. When I put it in my cart it increased to $66.99. Then the site went down.  Now the price is $66.99 and the lower price is nowhere to be found. I’ve been on hold going on 1 1/2 hours with RC. Unfortunately I didn’t get a screen shot of the lower price. 

12 minutes ago, Towerdriver16 said:

Earlier today the Deluxe Drink Package was priced at $57.99 35%off. When I put it in my cart it increased to $66.99. Then the site went down.  Now the price is $66.99 and the lower price is nowhere to be found. I’ve been on hold going on 1 1/2 hours with RC. Unfortunately I didn’t get a screen shot of the lower price. 

Happened to me too - did not screenshot either, but thought about it. Instead I jumped to another cruise and got it in my cart at 57.99, but then could not check out as the system started crashed. Ugh. 

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Yes, it appears to be broken atm. I was able to snag a couple of things earlier and it was working fine but when I went back in to get some more stuff it told me first that my card was no good and then that my cart had rolled away! 🙄

I was able to just now buy the excursion in the App, which was an improvement from this morning. Cruise planner is down for maintenance. 

It was up and snappy and I was able to choose something - and then - and then - it stopped. Just tried again and got the down for maintenance banner again. I can't even imagine what is going on over there (in Royal's Tech Dept, servers etc) to make this so unreliable on the first day of a sale. I do remember this happening during another of the  bigger sales this year too though - was it Memorial Day?  Oh well, will keep trying.