Drink package cost

Angiet34

I am trying to decide on whether to book a cruise.  We have sailed a few time on RC and we’re happy.  It’s been quite some time ago. We will be celebrating our twins 21st birthday. I tried to call to find out what the drink package cost were. I was told they couldn’t tell me until I had booked. Trying to see the total cost before I actually book.  Can anyone help with this information?

approx $68-92 USD +18% per person per day.  the price all depends on the Ship and sailing Date.

if i was using it to plan I would go with the higher figure.  Drink package prices are up due to inflation, but so it the per drink cost for mixed achohlic drinks $14. +18% put your per drink cost at $16.52 per drink.  Generally you have to have 6+ mixed drinks each day to break even with the package cost.

25 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

approx $68-92 USD +18% per person per day.  the price all depends on the Ship and sailing Date.

if i was using it to plan I would go with the higher figure.  Drink package prices are up due to inflation, but so it the per drink cost for mixed achohlic drinks $14. +18% put your per drink cost at $16.52 per drink.  Generally you have to have 6+ mixed drinks each day to break even with the package cost.

Don't forget that you can lower that 6+ mixed drinks/day amount by considering all the other beverages the DBP includes.  Have a glass or two of freshly squeeze OJ along with a specialty coffee or two in the morning.  Then have a few sodas at lunch and a milkshake in the afternoon. Finally, make sure you grab a few water bottles during the day and keep them in your room's refrigerator.  

The following is old but you can get an idea of how much you would need to drink to break even. OR just consider the convenience of getting a drink whenever you want as part of the price.

• Beer – $8.25
  • Glass of wine – $9 to $16+
  • Cocktail – $14
  • Spirit and mixer – $9 to $11+
  • Soda – $3.50
  • Coffee – $4
  • Bottle of water – $3

We are going on a med cruise next summer and purchased the refreshment package during the Halloween sale and it was $22 or something like that per person per day plus gratuity and you get a refill souvenir cup.  In case you need the info on the surf and stream internet package there was a sale last weekend so it was $16.99 per person plus can add an extra device for $8.99. Usually that is $20 something. 

You can modify the cruise planner url to valid sail date to see that date price of drink package and others. No need to login to your account.

Url :

royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=1234567&shipCode=SC&sailDate=20230209

Bookingid just enter 7 digit random number

Shipcode "SC" is for Spectrum of the Seas.

Saildate "20230209" is valid sail date for Spectrum of the seas

24 minutes ago, TeRriii said:

You can modify the cruise planner url to valid sail date to see that date price of drink package and others. No need to login to your account.

Url :

royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=1234567&shipCode=SC&sailDate=20230209

That's a nice trick.  Unfortunately, the trip I just booked for Jan (not in the cruise planner yet) is $83.99.  A bit much for a 4 night trip IMO.  It is $71.99 for a 6 night in October.

For anyone looking, you can find the ship code in the URL if you are doing a mock booking for that ship. 

SHIPCODE :

AD = Adventure

AL = Allure

AN = Anthem

BR = Brilliance

EN = Enchantment

EX = Explorer

FR = Freedom

GR = Grandeur

HM = Harmony

ID = Independence (don't say "IN" - that's Celebrity's Infinity)

JW = Jewel

LB = Liberty

MA = Mariner

MJ = Majesty

NE = Empress (her original name was Nordic Empress)

NV = Navigator

OA = Oasis

OV = Ovation

QN = Quantum

RD = Radiance

RH = Rhapsody

SC = Spectrum

SR = Serenade

SY = Symphony

VI = Vision

VY = Voyager

56 minutes ago, TeRriii said:

Url :

Thanks for passing along the knowledge.

Happy Heart GIF by Prime Video UK

2 hours ago, TeRriii said:

SHIPCODE :

AD = Adventure

AL = Allure

AN = Anthem

BR = Brilliance

EN = Enchantment

EX = Explorer

FR = Freedom

GR = Grandeur

HM = Harmony

ID = Independence (don't say "IN" - that's Celebrity's Infinity)

JW = Jewel

LB = Liberty

MA = Mariner

MJ = Majesty

NE = Empress (her original name was Nordic Empress)

NV = Navigator

OA = Oasis

OV = Ovation

QN = Quantum

RD = Radiance

RH = Rhapsody

SC = Spectrum

SR = Serenade

SY = Symphony

VI = Vision

VY = Voyager

any idea what Wonder and Odyssey are 🙂