The Key - Boarding Time Question

Erin103

Hello, all! 

My family is headed out on Oasis in June 2023. Since we were all going to purchase the surf + stream internet packages, my parents purchased everyone The Key. 

I see that with The Key, the boarding time is between 11:30-12:30. Does this mean that it doesn't matter what our boarding time we get when we check in? Can we use whichever one is better? 

Thank You!

Erin

7 hours ago, Erin103 said:

I see that with The Key, the boarding time is between 11:30-12:30. Does this mean that it doesn't matter what our boarding time we get when we check in? Can we use whichever one is better?

If your Key says that then take screenshots.  Some say “priority boarding within your check in time”.

I recommend selecting the earliest check in when it opens.  Yes, you can select either time to enter  I had The key for my Anthem sailing last week out of Bayonne.  It made no difference in regards to my entry into the terminal as there was no lines.  I will say The Key has had the same security check point as the Suite guests and handicapped (and Pinnacle) and that line always seems to be super slow moving so eyeball the other lines before deciding which one to stand on 

you still select a boarding time at check in but a couple weeks before the cruise you will get an email that tells you you can board with the Key at (usually 11:30 after suite guests) or keep your scheduled time. When you get to the port there will be plenty of signs and dedicated lines for the Key. Priority Embarkation is one of the best Key perks. 

On 11/16/2022 at 7:06 AM, loki007 said:

you still select a boarding time at check in but a couple weeks before the cruise you will get an email that tells you you can board with the Key at (usually 11:30 after suite guests) or keep your scheduled time. When you get to the port there will be plenty of signs and dedicated lines for the Key. Priority Embarkation is one of the best Key perks. 

Okay. So if we get an earlier check-in time through the app we can opt to use that or we can use the key if it's the earlier of the two? 

We are planning to purchase the key for our Allure cruise next year.  Can you help me understand suite and key program priority embarkation?  (asking about suite too because we may upgrade to a suite and drop the key).  You still have to do online check in, I get that part, but if I wanted to arrive early and my check in time is later, does the key (or say suite access) allow me arrive early because of the benefit? Or is the only benefit: priority embarkation mean you have your own line to enter terminal as opposed to the masses.

Thanks in advance....

5 hours ago, Coda_Sarah said:

You still have to do online check in, I get that part, but if I wanted to arrive early and my check in time is later, does the key (or say suite access) allow me arrive early because of the benefit? Or is the only benefit: priority embarkation mean you have your own line to enter terminal as opposed to the masses.

The Key was emailing a letter prior to the cruise stating the Key would allow you to arrive early and up to 11:30 you would have priority boarding.  Arriving after 11:30 you would have priority in your scheduled arrival time window.

Suites were told they have a one-hour leeway on either side of their schedule arrival time. 

Some of the terminals have dedicated suite entrances.  I've seen just a line with a sign for The Key but not a dedicated entrance.  Some ports may have The Key folks enter the same place as the suites.  The experience is really all over the place.

1 hour ago, Noah382 said:

Can anyone tell me if I purchase The Key for both myself and my wife, do we get two internet devices, 1 per person? or is it only 1 internet device? 

You will each get one account. Each of you can use however many devices you wish, but you can each only be logged into one device at a time (hopefully that makes sense).

In my experience…the Key has always had a boarding time of 11:30 or earlier. This is so Key customers can take advantage of the Key lunch. The lunch is usually served through 1pm. 
Also, it’s best to come early to take advantage of the carry on drop off service. No sense dropping off your carry on if you board after the rooms are available. 
I also agree that it’s best to ‘eyeball’ the dedicated security lines as you enter the terminal. Timing is everything. If a large group of Key members and suite passengers enter just before you, it might be quicker going through a regular security line. 
Lastly, I’ve found that sometimes there are frazzled port workers who may not be familiar with the Key and just wave you into the regular line. It’s best to scope out the entrance to see if there is a dedicated Key line. 
Enjoy!