What is The Quest?

What is The Quest? 

I've seen it mentioned on a few threads and I saw it on the itinerary on last years OTS cruise, but not sure exactly what it is. 

Details?

It's basically this giant scavenger hunt within your team. On Oasis it was in Studio B. There are 6ish couples who are team leads, and the cruise director shouts out tasks--things to find in the audience, or things to accomplish. For example, 6 ladies bras, or 3 shoelaces tied together. The team leads have a card with their number on it, and as soon as the task is done/found, they run up to the cruise director with the object and the card, wave it in his face. The fastest teams get more points.

It's hilarious and fun--it's fast paced and I highly recommend going. ADULT RATED!

In short it's a adult oriented game show where people willingly makes fools of themselves. Lots of fun to watch.

The audience is split up into teams, each with 2 representatives (captains) on the floor. The host may ask for a foreign drivers licence or maybe a picture of the white house (20 dollar bill). The captain retrieves thes items from the audience and produces them for points.

It doesn't take long before they are asking for girls who are wearing red thongs and to prove it on stage, or even ask a captain to produce 4 bras, many women will quickly rip them off btw. Also it's pretty much guaranteed to see men dirty dancing with each other and/or hairy men dressed up in women's clothing.

It tends to be on the last night, I assume because you may not want to be seen in public the next day.

• 2 years later...

We did it once many years ago. Expect the use of bras, panties, lipstick, along with various forms of undressing. Women on all fours barking like a dog, etc. Items that someone but not everyone will have. Get a table close to the action.  There is no time to think, just act. A lot of fun. Afterwards they had dancing and we won the twist contest. Most fun we ever had on a cruise.

On 4/7/2017 at 4:49 PM, SFLcruiser said:

What is The Quest? 

I've seen it mentioned on a few threads and I saw it on the itinerary on last years OTS cruise, but not sure exactly what it is. 

Details?

My wife and I skip the Quest, though my son and others in the teen group watched from afar -- somehow they snuck in.  But what we do recommend is the Love and Marriage show, which is fun to watch live and is also shown on Royal's TV channel (delayed  broadcast next day). There are adult topics but mostly it is fun -- especially when the younger couples try to "qualify" to go on stage.  So my advice is be sure to watch the Love and Marriage Show.  After that, the Quest is icing on the cake....

On 4/9/2017 at 10:34 AM, rjac said:

Yeah, especially after a couple of the drinks-of -the-day specials. Oh, the staff running the Quest event is kind enough to video the goings on so you, and everyone else on the ship, can view it in your/their cabin the next day. 

The cruise director asked for something fake ... A lady came running up and pulled up her shirt ... I'll keep it PG-13 ... However, thanks to the video, we saw it about 12 times as he had them go back over ... Slow motion and all.

I'll add... While most items/to-do are similar from cruise to cruise (some might even sneak in things they'll be asked for) no two Quests have been the same in my eyes.

• 3 years later...

Hi there - I’m trying to replicate this game at a family event. Does anyone remember more of the rules, like do the captains represent specific teams or can they get the items from anyone in the audience? Does the captain have to bring the item up the judge or can anyone on a team? If the item is an action like dirty dancing or skipping around the room, does anyone remember how that works- like did the host say skip for 30s and the first team to finish won the round? I’d love as much help w the set up of the game as possible - we had so much fun playing and hoping to capture the magic

19 hours ago, Reilly said:

Does anyone remember more of the rules, like do the captains represent specific teams or can they get the items from anyone in the audience? Does the captain have to bring the item up the judge or can anyone on a team? If the item is an action like dirty dancing or skipping around the room, does anyone remember how that works- like did the host say skip for 30s and the first team to finish won the round?

Captains had to bring the items to the host but they could get them from anyone in the audience.  If the item was attached to the audience member (tattoo, for example) the captain would bring the audience members down. The captains held the paper with the team member for the host to see and shout out for the score keeper to track.

The activity based ones it was usually the first one the host noticed got the most points, second got the second most points and down the line.

I remember they always seem to ask for "false teeth" - so one time, I just happened to be studying for an A&P final and had a picture of teeth and I brought that to the host - they were impressed and awarded us 'creativity points!' LOL - If they ask for a "thong" you could show a pair of flip flops as another example! Such a fun game!