Food in theatres?

FManke

These are not movie theaters. Nor is it dinner theater. These are professionals who are working extremely hard at their chosen career who are performing live for the your entertainment. Eating is quite disrespectful to them not to mention to the people sitting around said eater listening to them crunch on Fritos or ooh and ahh at the deliciousness of their chocolate cake.

Everyone should enjoy their dessert before or after they attend the theater.

These are not movie theaters. Nor is it dinner theater. These are professionals who are working extremely hard at their chosen career who are performing live for the your entertainment. Eating is quite disrespectful to them not to mention to the people sitting around said eater listening to them crunch on Fritos or ooh and ahh at the deliciousness of their chocolate cake.

Thanks for your opinion, but you did not answer the question. Maybe somebody else out there has the answer. And by the way, our ship has a movie theatre.

I don't know about food, but I loved the Tropical theater on Serenade. It felt very welcoming and comfortable. I actually can't remember the other 2 ship's theaters, Tropical is stuck in my head. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, I'll just say it reminded me of styles a few decades before my time, in a good, clean way.

Thanks for your opinion, but you did not answer the question. Maybe somebody else out there has the answer. And by the way, our ship has a movie theatre.

I honestly don't remember anyone bringing food into any of the theaters.   Not sure if they would kick you out or not let you in, guess as long as you don't bring in a buffet it would be ok. But like whenismynextcruise mentioned, do be mindful of those around you or sit in a section where you are away from others so they can enjoy the show also.

Its like when they tell you no pictures or video and all you see is flashes and people filming.

I don't know about food, but I loved the Tropical theater on Serenade. It felt very welcoming and comfortable. I actually can't remember the other 2 ship's theaters, Tropical is stuck in my head. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, I'll just say it reminded me of styles a few decades before my time, in a good, clean way.

Looks like a old venue from the golden age of vaudeville or something. Hope the entertainment is as good as the theatre looks. Maybe the snacks should be had before or after the show if people feel that strongly about it. I don't want to be that guy.

On our cruise on Oasis in December, the sold popcorn and beverages at the back of the theatre for certain shows (Love and Marriage show and the aerial show for sure). It may differ on the type of show and the ship.

I wonder if that is different since it's basically an outdoor theatre?

Do they allow food in the theatres on board like the Tropic Theatre? Do they have snacks available in the theatres? It would be nice to have a snack or dessert during a show.

I don't believe they have food in the theater but you can take a plate of food pretty much anywhere on the ship. IMO the shows are loud enough that eating non crunchy foods wouldn't bother anyone.

This is ridiculous, if these professionals are bothered by someone eating a sandwich in the 10th row of a theatre they would not be very good at their jobs. Which I do not believe to be the case. These performers are extremely talented and I'm sure can look past somebody having in a snack, after all cruising is eating.

2 minutes ago, abnermkd said:

I find this very interesting. Cruise compass only advises about filming, flashes, cameras. not quite sure if it says something about kids crying.

I'm sure the crying kids would bother the professionals, more than someone eating a delicious dessert.

On 7.4.2017 at 2:09 AM, whenismynextcruise said:

I agree 100%. I find it a bit disrespectful to eat in the theater, not only to the artists on stage but also to the the seat neighbors. There are enough places to eat on the ship, so there is absolutely no need to do it in the theater. 

On 4/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:
On 4/6/2017 at 8:09 PM, whenismynextcruise said:

This is ridiculous, if these professionals are bothered by someone eating a sandwich in the 10th row of a theatre they would not be very good at their jobs. Which I do not believe to be the case. These performers are extremely talented and I'm sure can look past somebody having in a snack, after all cruising is eating.

Snacks to a movie is reasonable.

Try bringing in food to a Broadway show.  As I recall, on Broadway, they have an intermission to allow people to go out and get a glass of wine and use the facilities.  When time for the show to resume, the lights are flickered and a chime is rung, then people must leave their glasses and go back in the show.  If you miss the curtain call, you are not allowed back into the theater until the end of the show.  That is for a professional Broadway show.

19 hours ago, BillHoo said:

Snacks to a movie is reasonable.

Try bringing in food to a Broadway show.  As I recall, on Broadway, they have an intermission to allow people to go out and get a glass of wine and use the facilities.  When time for the show to resume, the lights are flickered and a chime is rung, then people must leave their glasses and go back in the show.  If you miss the curtain call, you are not allowed back into the theater until the end of the show.  That is for a professional Broadway show.

Except for the Disney productions. I was very surprised that they allowed food and drinks into the theater after intermission. 

I had no idea this was such a strongly felt issue?   The last production i went to at the oriental theater in chicago (in my broadway in chicago series)  let us being in drinks and they were even selling snacks in the theater...but it was a very different sort of show.   I will let people know after we go see Aladdin on sunday!  Jane

Guest toodle68

To me.. questions like this fall under the  'Can I bring day old fish into the open plan office for lunch?'

Can you? Yes.

Should you?  No.

Sometimes, it's not about the rules, it about being considerate to others.

2 hours ago, toodle68 said:

To me.. questions like this fall under the  'Can I bring day old fish into the open plan office for lunch?'

Can you? Yes.

Should you?  No.

Sometimes, it's not about the rules, it about being considerate to others.

Amen! 

6 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

So then no drinks either or children for that matter so you can concentrate.  God forbid if someone has to go to the bathroom. A snack or desert does not offend me in the least. 

Maybe they should stop serving food and drinks at sporting events so the athletes can concentrate on their jobs!