Am I Entitled To Extra Discount After I Booked?

WoodsTravels

Good morning fellow cruisers! I have a quick question and I apologize if it has been asked before but I'm still new to Royal. I booked my cruise a few days ago for 2024 and today Royal is offering the Cruise with an extra $550 off. My question is, am I entitled to these extra savings or do I not get them since I already booked my trip? Thank you!!! Happy Cruising!!!

You need to do a mock booking to see if that “sale” is better than the price you had. Royal has a way of having “non sales”.  In other words it sounds better but it isn’t necessarily better.  Always check your pricing by doing a mock booking (same sailing, # of people, room category).  If you see a better price contact your travel agent , or Royal if you booked through Royal. 

1 hour ago, WoodsTravels said:

Good morning fellow cruisers! I have a quick question and I apologize if it has been asked before but I'm still new to Royal. I booked my cruise a few days ago for 2024 and today Royal is offering the Cruise with an extra $550 off. My question is, am I entitled to these extra savings or do I not get them since I already booked my trip? Thank you!!! Happy Cruising!!!

Royal has been running variations of $550 off for weeks if not months now.  If you booked in the last few days, it is HIGHLY likely that you already booked under a "sale" with almost the same offer you are seeing today.  Go through the first few steps of booking the cruise you are on and you will probably see that the final price hasn't changed much.  If it has, sure you can take advantage but odds are it will come out less than $100 different.

On 11/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, WoodsTravels said:

I did a mock booking. Choose the same cruise, same destination and same cabin. Today my booking was $600 cheaper than what I paid a few days ago. Including taxes and extras. 

Then you can certainly reprice. I think I have done that on every single cruise I have even been on. It's absolutely no hassle with a TA. 

Welcome to RCL's new math.  Some of us have been bitten by RCL's new math.  What happens is RCL will raise the price of something and then offer a discount.  Several times, when I check the price of something on SALE, I find that I already have it at the reduce price or lower.  So my advice is to book early and often.  LOL!  As long as you have not paid in full, you can take advance of repricing your cruise.  For shore excursions and other extras, you can book, cancel, and rebook as often as you want.  But just do the math to see if it is really cheaper.  The only negative to rebooking the extras - your CC credit may take a month to show up. Have fun on your cruise. 

Does the reprice only cover the exact same chosen stateroom category? And if you wanted to change category that would be a cancel and rebook and lose deposit if non refundable? I am thinking something like a Guaranteed balcony to a specific balcony? Is this also if you book from the UK for a sailing from the USA?

Thanks

I check my pending cruise prices nearly every day. Sometimes I will score a significantly reduced price without there being an advertised sale or promotion. It’s just supply and demand. Or maybe sometimes the gerbil in the Royal algorithm wheel gets tired and stops spinning for a bit. Especially because it seems some of these sudden drops can quickly bounce back up again.

I book my own cruises so I can call Royal directly and reprice immediately. Sometimes it takes more than half an hour on hold to get through, but that’s what speakerphones are for.

But, if I didn’t have the time…and wasn’t such an obsessive cruiseaholic…I would definitely utilize a great travel agent to do this work for me. I hear nothing but good things about dealing with this blog’s travel agent…MEI.

I also check prices on categories higher than what I originally booked. Even though the category I booked doesn’t drop much in price, the next category drops enough to make the upgrade a great bargain. Again, supply and demand. I guess if they get me to upgrade into a better suite at a good price, they can open up my original booking to entice another customer. Sort of the same business strategy when they offer RoyalUps.

By the way…this repricing also works for Cruise Planner purchases. If the price drops, Royal allows me to cancel the higher priced purchase with a refund to my credit card, and then I repurchase at the lower price.

All of this is pre-final payment, of course. But even if I paid in full, as long as it’s before the final payment due date…they still let me reprice. The difference is credited back to my charge card. Enjoy!

@WoodsTravelsBy the way...to be clear, you may be entitled to the savings, but they're not automatically applied. You, or your travel agent, have to do the repricing. It takes effort, but can be well worth it.