2 Day Port of Call Exist

DebsGlass

17 minutes ago, DebsGlass said:

Are there any cruises where there is a 2 day port of call so we can really enjoy and get to know a location? You know, use the ship like a hotel.

They do exist but they are few and far between and not easy to find. Bermuda itineraries are among those that have them and I have also seen Aruba, Oslo and Lisbon. You're more likely to find them on Celebrity than on Royal. This is the sort of thing that a good cruise travel agent would be able to help you with. If you don't already work with a TA, you could consider contacting MEI Travel, who sponsor this website and have a wealth of experience. 

11 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Does Stockholm offer overnights or was that just temporary with the Russia issue?

I don't know, only knew about the Oslo one because I had family on it, but that overnight was nothing to do with Russia; it was scheduled before the war began.

A couple of years the Adventure of the Seas snowbird repo from Quebec City boarded on day one and didn't depart until late on day 2 so the ship was the hotel for the first night.  After muster you could come and go as you please. 

Maui has been an overnight tender port on some cruises.   

Azamara is known for long and overnight stays.

I think overnights are great, but I find that I am usually so busy during the day doing an excursion, or touring, or having fun that I rarely want to go out at night anyway.  I am booked on Liberty with a Bermuda overnight next June, but we do not plan on staying on shore late to eat dinner, although we almost always do lunch off the ship. I have done St. Petersburg on an overnight, but tourists were not permitted to go about on their own--tours only.

It is fun to have two days in a row in the same place, but port calls are always more brief and active than when one books a hotel and actually stays in the place, and is forced to find restaurants, etc.

I love the overnights in Bermuda. Sailing from NJ on a seven day cruise usually gives us two overnights. The ship becomes like a hotel. Getting off and on whenever I wish. Bermuda is one of my favorite ports to visit. Beautiful, clean, safe and the locals are great! Although I try to always be aware wherever I am, Bermuda is one of the safest places to wander about…even at night. I love the local pubs and restaurants. I also like doing some of the excursions after dark, such as the glass bottom boat into the Great Sound with the Rum Swizzles included. The beaches are phenomenal. Bermuda is the only place I ever did overnights on a cruise, so I can’t speak of any other destination. Enjoy your cruise!