Anthem disembarkation from Cape Liberty NJ

Tia

Hello again!

I just realized (leaving on Sunday) that I don't know anything about getting off the ship to get picked up. My cousin is coming from 1.5 hours away and I have no idea what to tell him. I won't have wifi to text him once I leave. Neither of us are morning people so I wonder how late I can get off the ship? Has anyone done this recently? The app shows a 6am arrival 😥😴 Thanks!

2 hours ago, Tia said:

Hello again!

I just realized (leaving on Sunday) that I don't know anything about getting off the ship to get picked up. My cousin is coming from 1.5 hours away and I have no idea what to tell him. I won't have wifi to text him once I leave. Neither of us are morning people so I wonder how late I can get off the ship? Has anyone done this recently? The app shows a 6am arrival 😥😴 Thanks!

You will set this up on the ship, walk off (self assist) or assigned times. Stateroom attendant gives you luggage tags. Depends whether you want to let Royal collect your bags the night before. 

The luggage tags and departure sheet should be in your cabin Friday.

The ability yo select your departure time is in the app and will likely be available onboard to select your time.  
If  you need to make a change ask your room steward for new tags or go to guest services for new tags.

self assist (drag your own bags) can depart at 6:45

the last departure is 8:45

there are zones outside you can ask your cousin to meet you at.  Zone 10 is the furthest/last on the right. (Sounds far away but it’s not)    Zone 5/6 is in front of the entry area.

It would be hard to know which zone will be least busy, but you can point out the zone #’s to your cousin on embarkation day.

my husband also drives the 1 1/2 hours and I ask him to arrive at 9:00-9:15.   Anything that much later puts him into the next group arriving for their sailing,  I don’t mind waiting outside, and typically there are less crowds, there’s a place to sit (zones 9/10) because there are less crowds and he gets to sleep in instead of arriving earlier.    There are also bathrooms you can access near zone 10.  Keep in mind you never know if the ship might be late on arrival, so a little after last normal disembarkation time can be a good thing. 

4A7CCFD2-0DF2-4330-AC6B-D3FE7BF94750.jpeg

4 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

The luggage tags and departure sheet should be in your cabin Friday.

The ability yo select your departure time is in the app and will likely be available onboard to select your time.  
If  you need to make a change ask your room steward for new tags or go to guest services for new tags.

self assist (drag your own bags) can depart at 6:45

the last departure is 8:45

there are zones outside you can ask your cousin to meet you at.  Zone 10 is the furthest/last on the right. (Sounds far away but it’s not)    Zone 5/6 is in front of the entry area.

It would be hard to know which zone will be least busy, but you can point out the zone #’s to your cousin on embarkation day.

my husband also drives the 1 1/2 hours and I ask him to arrive at 9:00-9:15.   Anything that much later puts him into the next group arriving for their sailing,  I don’t mind waiting outside, and typically there are less crowds, there’s a place to sit (zones 9/10) because there are less crowds and he gets to sleep in instead of arriving earlier.    There are also bathrooms you can access near zone 10.  Keep in mind you never know if the ship might be late on arrival, so a little after last normal disembarkation time can be a good thing. 

4A7CCFD2-0DF2-4330-AC6B-D3FE7BF94750.jpeg

oh wow, thank you! That gives me an idea. 8:45 is super early for us but very good to have the heads up. I might see if I can find anyone driving back towards my area on the ship. My cousin will have a hard time leaving that early on a Sunday. I will likely need help with luggage so I will set it up accordingly. Great to know! Thank you!

9 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

You will set this up on the ship, walk off (self assist) or assigned times. Stateroom attendant gives you luggage tags. Depends whether you want to let Royal collect your bags the night before. 

Thanks so much! So they get the luggage the night before .. also good to know!

2 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Here is another recommendation - take a taxi to a bagel or breakfast shop.  You can have a leisurely breakfast while you wait for your cousin to show up.  

That's what I was wondering. I thought the terminal had a waiting lounge. It says as a gold member you can sit and have free coffee and whatnot. But I can't find that info now. Do you know if something might be close by? 🙏

22 hours ago, Linda R said:

I always get off as late as possible.  And usually carry off our luggage, so we can get off whenever you want.  Latest is usually 8:45 to 9am.  If they assign you a time to disembark you can get it changed very easy.  Just go to guest services and change it to the time you prefer.

Ok thanks so much!

22 hours ago, Adriana said:

Also, if you have The Key, you can leave at any point during the process, very relaxed! I had it, left my bags out at night and they were happily waiting for me in the Key section which is right by the exit. They have porters to help take to the curb or car, etc. 

oh that's amazing! I wasn't planning on the Key. I will look it up again real quick!

On 11/11/2022 at 6:03 PM, Adriana said:

Also, if you have The Key, you can leave at any point during the process, very relaxed! I had it, left my bags out at night and they were happily waiting for me in the Key section which is right by the exit. They have porters to help take to the curb or car, etc. 

I checked and the Key is a bit pricey for me at the moment, but maybe next time! 🙂

18 hours ago, Tia said:

That's what I was wondering. I thought the terminal had a waiting lounge. It says as a gold member you can sit and have free coffee and whatnot. But I can't find that info now. Do you know if something might be close by? 🙏

I used Google Maps to check out breakfast places.  Since I am not from that area, I really can't advise you.  This is what I found on Google Maps....image.thumb.jpeg.7b939912178ccc67898467f8aa319098.jpeg

On 11/12/2022 at 9:47 PM, Tia said:

I checked and the Key is a bit pricey for me at the moment, but maybe next time! 🙂

Keep on checking, it goes up and down. I got it for my October/November cruise and it was like three dollars more than the internet package. It made completely sense. Heck, the ease of getting off the ship that day made it worth every penny even if I did not get the internet package! I had food poisoning so did not go, but you also get an a la carte breakfast that morning and can take your time. 

On 11/13/2022 at 11:30 PM, Adriana said:

Keep on checking, it goes up and down. I got it for my October/November cruise and it was like three dollars more than the internet package. It made completely sense. Heck, the ease of getting off the ship that day made it worth every penny even if I did not get the internet package! I had food poisoning so did not go, but you also get an a la carte breakfast that morning and can take your time. 

Hi.. I just back back, I left on the 13th and didn't see your reply. Sorry! I didn't get the key. Getting off the ship was total pandemonium! LOL But it could have been worse for sure. Maybe for next time I will look into more seriously. I didn't have time and I had spent as much as I had wanted to lolol. Thanks for the advice!

On 11/13/2022 at 9:35 AM, BrianB said:

You don't need wifi to communicate if you have cell service. Unless I'm missing something, just call.

There's plenty of places along the approach road for him to wait until you call or text and he can pull up to the terminal when you're ready. Just tell him what zone number.

Just got back, that's exactly what I did. It worked out fine. Thank you!

On 11/13/2022 at 10:33 AM, FireFishII said:

I used Google Maps to check out breakfast places.  Since I am not from that area, I really can't advise you.  This is what I found on Google Maps....image.thumb.jpeg.7b939912178ccc67898467f8aa319098.jpeg

awww that's very kind of you! Thank you! I just got back today. I had left very early on the 13th so I am not seeing messages until today. lol. Thanks again 🙂