No Lobster Night???

29 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

My experience is that the first thing to "go" when they start cutting MDR meals is the lobster followed very closely by the lamb shank.

Seriously?? I thought lobster was a permanent item.. would that leave the only option to get lobster in the MDR is to order from the premium selections?

1 hour ago, cottoncandysunsets25 said:

Hi! We're sailing on a 6-day Odyssey cruise in a few days and have been checking the MDR menus to plan our dining ahead but even as we approach embarkation day there is no lobster night showing up on the menu. Is this a matter of the menus not being accurate/updated or is there no lobster night on our cruise? šŸ¦ž

I sailed on Odyssey on June and we had a lobster night.

I should wait to be on board.Ā 

4 hours ago, cottoncandysunsets25 said:

Hi! We're sailing on a 6-day Odyssey cruise in a few days and have been checking the MDR menus to plan our dining ahead but even as we approach embarkation day there is no lobster night showing up on the menu. Is this a matter of the menus not being accurate/updated or is there no lobster night on our cruise? šŸ¦ž

We sail Odyssey over Thanksgiving and noticed the same thing.Ā  Ā Hopefully the menus just need to be updated and they didn't really do away with lobster night!

4 hours ago, cottoncandysunsets25 said:

The menus on the app are set to what it is for the current sailing. So you're looking at their nights 1-6 menu. The current sailing is the transatlantic, much longer sailing so the lobster menu is likely on later days this sailing so it won't be visible in your app.

Ā 

45 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The menus on the app are set to what it is for the current sailing. So you're looking at their nights 1-6 menu. The current sailing is the transatlantic, much longer sailing so the lobster menu is likely on later days this sailing so it won't be visible in your app.

Ā 

TIL! I suppose that also explains the Autumn Turkey DinnerĀ šŸ˜‚

On 11/17/2022 at 2:13 PM, smokeybandit said:

Menus are always for the current sailing for your ship, not specifically your sailing

Thanks for that info @smokeybandit.
I just got back from a 5-day on Grandeur that didn't have lobster & checked the menu for my 5-day on Voyager next May.
Lobster doesn't seem to be on the menu at this time, but that is almost 6 mos away.

I've routinely seen lobster on 6 night cruises from Florida as recent as last week.

In the past if a ship had a mix of alternating long and short cruises such as 5/9 or 6/8 it was common for the ship to have lobster in its supply chain so the short cruises benefited from that.Ā  If a ship has a mix of short cruises like 4/5/5 then lobster was not part of its normal supply routine.

Lately it seems they are cutting back.Ā  So maybe they are truly limiting it to 7 and longer or some other criteria.Ā 

YMMV.Ā 

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've routinely seen lobster on 6 night cruises from Florida as recent as last week.

In the past if a ship had a mix of alternating long and short cruises such as 5/9 or 6/8 it was common for the ship to have lobster in its supply chain so the short cruises benefited from that.Ā  If a ship has a mix of short cruises like 4/5/5 then lobster was not part of its normal supply routine.

Lately it seems they are cutting back.Ā  So maybe they are truly limiting it to 7 and longer or some other criteria.Ā 

YMMV.Ā 

Exactly what I'm thinking - that they may be cutting back.

Two 5-day cruises earlier in the year (April & May) both had lobster, but my 5-day last week didn't.

(And mine was between two 9-days)

Don't blame Royal for this, just a bit disappointed.