Interior vs balcony with a twist

Motion sickness effects people differently. For some, having a balcony room and seeing the horizon bounce up and down can cause motion sickness. Others staying in an interior room will get sick without a window to look out of in rough seas. I don't have a preference because I'm not prone to motion sickness. For me, feeling the ship's movement is all part of the experience. :)

Great question Neil. 

When I feel a little motion sickness, seeing the horizon does help a lot.  Plus the fresh air helps me too.  So if it's going to be rough seas, a balcony would be best in my case.  

That being said, I love a little motion going to bed. It's like being rocked to sleep!

I tend to get motion sickness, inside cabins will sometime feel to closed in , but if the seas are rough I can't look out at the water.

I try to stay low and midship and do ok . I do like being rocked to sleep however.

Most experts recommend being low and mid ship to minimize sea sickness effects

Most experts recommend being low and mid ship to minimize sea sickness effects

Although obvious for some, low and mid-ship is best because you are closest to pivot point of the motion, therefore, less physical motion up/down & side-to-side.  If not there, mid-ship and higher is better than fore/aft and low.  We have sailed twice in aft cabins and twice in high cabins near the aft on the Allure and, in my opinion, the forward part of the ship move more than the aft.  When we were in the aft cabins on the Freedom and Mariner the motion was different that other cabins we have been in.  More of a shimmy, more vibration.  I attribute this to the proximity to the propulsion.