Is Decaf coffee being phased out of Diamond lounges?

Ian

I know that I am in a minority, but I only drink decaf coffee. Recently in the Allure's Diamond lounge coffee machine, the decaf was removed with only 2 regular containers.
Just returned from the Explorer however, and was relieved to see that decaf is still available from their machine.
Interested to see if decaf is still available in other ship's Diamond lounges .
Many thanks, 
Ian Levene

I like to call exiting the Diamond Lounge the “secret handshake” of being Diamond and above.

Skillful operation of the coffee machine? That’s like a PhD in Diamond Lounge-ology.

Anyway….on both models of machines Royal uses, there is the starting screen on the machine with a bunch of drink selections. Many people don’t know that the starting screen is just page one. Going to page two you’ll find decaf selections and also things like hot water or hot milk. I’m sure the DL machine in question offers decaf coffee, it’s just found on the seldom used page two of the starting screen. 

If the little hopper on top of the machine does not indicate decaf beans, it’s very likely that the decaf name plate has been scrubbed off due to frequent washing. There are many things in the DL that have been washed so many times important instructions have been lost. Mainly: whether to push or pull the DL door to exit. Or, the label for the button to deactivate the magnetic latch. Thusly making the secret handshake a little more of a mystery.

12 hours ago, Ian said:

I know that I am in a minority, but I only drink decaf coffee. Recently in the Allure's Diamond lounge coffee machine, the decaf was removed with only 2 regular containers.
Just returned from the Explorer however, and was relieved to see that decaf is still available from their machine.
Interested to see if decaf is still available in other ship's Diamond lounges .
Many thanks, 
Ian Levene

No decaf on Vision last week. Available  in MDR and WJ, but didn't see it in DL.

10 hours ago, bobroo said:

Anyway….on both models of machines Royal uses, there is the starting screen on the machine with a bunch of drink selections. Many people don’t know that the starting screen is just page one. Going to page two you’ll find decaf selections and also things like hot water or hot milk. I’m sure the DL machine in question offers decaf coffee, it’s just found on the seldom used page two of the starting screen.

Count me among the peeps in the beginners' class. So, for my next time round...how do you get to page two? (I'm guessing it's not intuitive...)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...