xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - Apr 29, 2023 - May 6, 2023 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

welp.

we got a screaming deal on a CP balcony and we booked our third cruise in six months 😅

super excited to go back to our beloved st. maarten -- you may have seen me around on these forums, happily promoting a beach day at the holland house!! its our favorite thing to do while we are there 😎

fun fact, my travel buddy and i took our first cruise together on harmony in 2017 also in a central park balcony!! she was intially skeptical but i have her hooked and we are feverishly racing to have her achieve diamond status and for me to get diamond plus!

looking forward to returning to the original scene of the crime, so to speak 😎

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Harmony of the Seas - Apr 29, 2023 - May 6, 2023 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 5:54 PM, Vic M said:

First time cruisers and we can’t wait.  Is the Holland House opened to the public while we’re in port or do you have to purchase a day pass?

Thanks, 

Vic

hi!

apologies for my late response, we just got off odyssey today and my notifications are not showing up on mobile!!

you are going to LOVE harmony! she is a great ship, and we have a nice itinerary to look forward to! 

regarding the holland house: if you want access to their chairs/umbrellas, etc - you will need to purchase a day pass. you can even do this when you get there, so you don’t necessarily need to do ahead of time. 

we usually make advance reservations, because we are never sure how full the occupancy is at the hotel and don’t want them to be sold out at the time!

there are also tons of other umbrellas and chairs that can be rented as well on the same beach strip. the holland house is the one with white umbrellas and midway down the path. 

A5FC54D5-6B30-457A-8B7E-BC934E6079AA.thumb.jpeg.f065848373a39bc9c90faa8272837a04.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 3:54 PM, asquared17 said:

two weeks as of today!! can't wait!!

this is a long time coming for you guys!! i agree with you about oasis class 😎 our favorite by a landslide.

happy sailing 💚

Oh it has been a long 18 month countdown and whilst a few of us have been lucky enough to cruise, including myself, a few times since this was booked this, this is by far the trip we have been looking forward to the most. We are fortunate that on this trip, we have a week post cruise staying in Florida for a mini road trip, Key west, Naples amongst other places on a whistle stop tour.

We don't really have much planned for time whilst in port, will be our first time in Philipsburg and San Juan so we are just going to explore by foot and if all else fails, we will dump ourselves on a beach for a few hours.

May I wish you all a fantastic sailing also.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2023/05/09/royal-caribbean-harmony-hidden-camera/

“The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) arrested a cruise passenger last week after it was discovered that he installed a secret camera in a public bathroom on a cruise ship sailing from Miami on a cruise to the Caribbean.

An affidavit from a FBI agent verified that on April 29th, Jeremy Froias boarded the Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas in Miami for a seven-day cruise to Philipsburg, St. Maarten, San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Coco Cay, Bahamas, returning to Miami last Saturday, May 6th. On April 30th, Froias installed a “hidden Wi-Fi camera in a public bathroom on the aft of the Harmony‘s top deck between the ‘Flow Rider’ surfing stimulator and a bar:

After the camera had been operational for around 24 hours, a passenger noticed it and informed the crew on May 1st. Security personnel then searched the bathroom and found the hidden camera. The camera had a memory card inserted which included several hours of video files.

Initial videos showed Froias installing the camera and, later, returning to the bathroom to adjust the angle of the camera, focusing the video on the toilet area. The video also shows Froias taking his Apple iPhone 14 Pro-Max out of his pocket and connecting the phone to the hidden camera via Wi-Fi. Froias’s iPhone can be seen in the video, and it appears to be displaying the video feed being captured by the camera.

The videos “depict more than 150 individuals, including what appear to be at least 40 minors . . . Some of the minors appeared to be as young as four or five years old.”

“Individuals are seen coming into the bathroom to either use the toilet or to change into or out of swimsuits. Froias’s camera captured these individuals in various stages of undress, including capturing videos of their naked genitals, buttocks, and female breasts.”

Ship security interviewed Froias who admitted to placing the hidden camera in the bathroom.

Froias has now been charged with 18 USC 1801 (video voyeurism) and 18 USC 2252(a)(5)(B) (attempted possession of child exploitation material).

A number of newspapers in San Juan have covered the disturbing story which has not yet been reported by the media in Miami or the national press.

The FBI office in San Juan Division is seeking to identify potential victims. The FBI states that it believes the Froias “primarily targeted cruise ship passengers between the timeframe of April 30 and May 1, 2023, who may have used the public bathroom on the aft of the Harmony’s top deck between the ‘Flow Rider’ surfing simulator and a bar. Passengers using this bathroom may have been video recorded by Froias.”

If you and/or your minor dependent(s) were victimized or have information relevant to this investigation, the FBI asks that you please fill out this short form.

The question is did Royal Caribbean notify any of the passengers, before they left the ship on May 6th when the ship returned to Miami, that they and their children were probably secretly video recorded if they went into the bathroom in question on April 30th or May 1st? Royal Caribbean knew sometime on May 1st of the secret camera and that at least 150 guests had been the victims of video voyeurism.

This is not the first time that video voyeurism has occurred on a cruise ship. Four years ago, a couple traveling with their young son on the Carnival Fantasy discovered a small video camera hidden in the bundled cables, behind the television in their cabin, which pointed toward their bed.

Just two months ago, a crew member was caught filming women in a children’s bathroom on the MSC Meraviglia.”

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - Apr 29, 2023 - May 6, 2023 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)