Perfect Day at Coco Cay

sbrewer

My family (total of 10) will be on the Icon of the Seas this summer.  We have never been to Perfect Day at Coco Cay, and I'm trying to figure out if we should splurge on cabanas, or just wing it and just go.  It's our 50th Anniversary trip so wanting it to be special.  Are the cabanas worth it?  Which ones would y'all suggest? We will have 7 adults and 3 kids 11, 8, and 8.  Thanks

8 hours ago, sbrewer said:

My family (total of 10) will be on the Icon of the Seas this summer.  We have never been to Perfect Day at Coco Cay, and I'm trying to figure out if we should splurge on cabanas, or just wing it and just go.  It's our 50th Anniversary trip so wanting it to be special.  Are the cabanas worth it?  Which ones would y'all suggest? We will have 7 adults and 3 kids 11, 8, and 8.  Thanks

When this summer gets here, you're going to be disappointed to learn that your Icon sailing is next summer.  2024. 🙂

If you have never been to Coco Cay, do not spend any money to do extras there on your 1st trip.  Plenty of beach areas, plenty of umbrella covered seating, plenty of food options, the pool is huge (and very nice), and any beverage packages transfer over to be used on-shore.  Explore the island and enjoy the included amenities.  Spending extra for a cabana or to wait in line for waterslides on your 1st visit to this stop is something I wouldn't advise.   

For my first trip to CocoCay with my family of 5 adults, I did splurge and got a cabana.  I originally had a cabana at Chill Island but moved it to Coco Beach Club.  We LOVED it.  However, since you have 3 pre-teens, I could not recommend Coco Beach Club.  I would recommend getting them and any adults you think need to go with them passes into Thrill Waterpark. Sitting around a beach is not that exciting for 11 and 8 year olds.  Especially when they can see the slides. 

If the whole family wants to play at the waterpark, then get one cabana for 6 and snap up a few lounge chairs near by.  The cabana will come with admission to the waterpark so you will only need 4 more admissions. 

If part of your family likes the idea of drinking and soaking in a pool, then get a cabana Oasis Lagoon for 6 and grab a few lounge chairs near by.  Oasis Lagoon is not far from the waterpark. Your kids will be able to come and go.

If part of your family rather just chill out on a beach, then grab a cabana for 6 at Chill Island or other locations.  You can also look into the other types of rentals, like the bed on the beach. 

But if you are a family that could get off the ship early, then don't worry about the cabanas - just grab those beach chairs. The only thing you would need to purchase is access to the waterpark.  

Have fun!