Simply Serenade Thanksgiving 2022

Neesa

The Bimini water was gorgeous, lots of stingrays and little sharks, you could see them from the pier. Found another duck, not getting off the ship tomorrow in Nassau, going to hide them again then. There are some really fun people on this ship. The ducks and I sharing the spot light on my cutie balcony. Even Mr. Cabash found one today!

I have pics of humpy the golf cart and some other fun things but they are on Cabash phone and for some reason they won't transfer to me, I will upload when I can. Bimini is very clean and there are very few street vendors and things. The biggest haggle is for the golf cart rentals.

I edited this one, this is a family site! Cabash took the pic too, and didn't even notice! 

20221122_154711.jpg

@Ampurp85 @asquared17 @Adriana Thank you everybody for your kind words and thoughts!  Tonight dinner was SLOW, we sat at 1730 apps at 1815. We were finished after 1900. Portions are not that big it didn't take long to eat. I recommend always checking out the vegan menu, tonight's veggie tempura was amazing. The My time line was insane, out the restaurant hallway around the corner. 

@AandDAs far as the ducks they are hidden all over the ship, we found one in a chair behind a cushion 2 on top of pictures, one in a fake plant. You take a picture with it and post on social media or here, we don't face book but I will post on Instagram.  Then you either hide it again or keep it for your vacation memory. Oh I found one in the arcade as well. The tags attached tell you a bit about the person hiding them. It's addictive. Ut oh, like my RUBs addiction OK I have issues. Lol! I love duck hunting. Found one from last sailing planted on this guy. FYI if we find one from the same family we already have we usually leave it there for someone else. 

Resized_20221119_110220(1).jpeg

Good morning day five from Nassau. We are staying on the ship today as we have been here so many times. 

We saw the Adele show last night but in my humble opinion she wasn't that good. The three of us did not enjoy it. My daughter who was mandated three years in advanced music early on in her IB career explained how the key may have been changed possibly to accommodate a tired voice. There were other things to by way of explanation went over my head. I was told this was a fantastic show, so I also went in with high expectations. No, it was painful to sit through. We didn't want to leave though as it's a live performer respect thing. The Serenade orchestra was enjoyable I liked their part. 

The young lady talked and tried her hand at some self deprecated comedy, no it was just bad. She talked and pranced around the stage more then she sung. 2/10 for us.

Look, they made my curtain appear pretty in the cabin. It still just hangs there but at least it's a bit prettier then previous.

loving the upgraded cabin curtain 😂 you really are making that cabin all set for the next passengers!!

also i'm probably seven minutes late with starbucks (last one to know about anything hahaha) on this but -- serenade is doing the world tour sailing! so it's really good that you've fixed all the broken parts in anticipation of that 💚

Big sister Anthem has arrived in Nassau, she will be joining us tomorrow in Coco Cay as well. I did cancel my beach club access though, I won the RUB so it was only fair. Besides I booked it for 50% off (Thanksgiving sale)  for our June Wonder sailing so tomorrow we are going to wing it by the funnel cake building. 

FYI I tried to use the Solarium pool, nope. It's freezing, but no worries I am fine on my lounge chair. I'm spoiled, I have Cabash heat my pool to 89 degrees so there's that!

I did break down and get a placement holder reservation for my June 2024. I'm looking at you Jewel (I hope)

20221123_111616.jpg

Just out of the hot tub, that was nice. It wasn't crowded before but now I'm out and every chair is taken.  Nassau must not be to popular with others as well. 

I found this bag in my cabin last night! It's of decent quality. I have enjoyed Caffe Lattitudes on this ship as well. ( so random I know)

So far the vouchers system signing for usage of same has been working fine. So far, all charges to account are mine. If I don't have a pen and must use a communal one I do the Purell thing afterwards just in case. There are some colds on the ship. One of my pinnacles I was chatting with was coughing up a lung yesterday in the SL. As I slowly backed away she caught me and announced don't worry it's not Covid, it's just a cold.  I'm so happy I said but I prefer not to share that either. Being on deck 7 is a blessing in the fact I can handle the stairs up and down which keeps me from the elevators that do tend to be packed a bit. They are gorgeous glass but super tiny.

So the Solarium is now a sea of blue towels, not so many bodies. Chair Hogs unite!!

There are a few signs saying 30 minutes and things will be removed, I don't see that happening just yet.

20221123_114637.jpg

Sounds like a nice day so far! I am sorry that the show last night was such a busy. I concur with sitting through it since a live performance. Very kind of you!

Chair hogs, UGH! Even in the Solarium?! For some reason, I thought the hogs left that area alone. 
     I love how you are getting that cabin all set for the next cruisers! Would have been nice if Royal got it ready for you, though! The new curtain cracks me up!

Is the bag you found a consolidation gift for all the issues? Anything inside? I could not tell if you had coffee packets in there or randomly adding about the Lattes! 😂

Enjoy your day! Thank you for sharing!

Holy Hannah! Mr. Cabash has a new name....ready, thanks to @Ampurp85 its Vintage Magnet! I dont know if its his bald head and clean shaven face or what, his big round head or green eyes im dying here!! So even last night in the lounge when I arrived a lively and lovely Pinnicle Olga I think was sitting with him at our table up on the stage. She was an amazing chatty Cathy and we learned about her life in Germany (she is a Sprite 90 years young) and she brought me to tears with her stories.) Today, I have hardly seen cabash; first I found him in the hot tub with one, I joined them and they were chatting it up and now I just found him in the pool with another one. Please understand, Cabash doesn't talk (30 years of marriage 30+ LE career he just doesn't, yet on this ship with these amazing people he is chatty as all hell, seriously he is cracking me up. Vintage Magnet yes that one's gonna stick!

i'm dying at vintage magnet!!!!!

1 hour ago, Adriana said:

Even in the Solarium?! For some reason, I thought the hogs left that area alone

this is probably just a lack of sleep on my end, but for some reason, this sentence has me cracking up so hard 🤣😆😂🤣

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

There are some colds on the ship. One of my pinnacles I was chatting with was coughing up a lung yesterday in the SL. As I slowly backed away she caught me and announced don't worry it's not Covid, it's just a cold.  I'm so happy I said but I prefer not to share that either. Being on deck 7 is a blessing in the fact I can handle the stairs up and down which keeps me from the elevators that do tend to be packed a bit. They are gorgeous glass but super tiny.

you certainly handled this with grace and kindness -- probably far more than i certainly would have 😅

another one of the joys of that ship! almost everything is manageable with stairs! a lifesaver 🙏🏼 i would also be purell-ing everything haha. thinking of bringing a small travel bottle of liquid soap with us on our cruise next month to keep in the cabin for hand washing, etc. i feel like i get a better/easier scrub that way for some reason than the bar soap

Oh wow, can someone tell me what cabins these are on the Anthem? They have a huge balcony and then a door that goes to this area. And this guy, I missed my shot but he is wearing what looks like Spiderman garanimal bungie smugglers! I'm trying to get a picture but he only gets up a few times .  I'm having a blast trying to get this cabin identified!

20221123_142933.jpg

24 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Oh wow, can someone tell me what cabins these are on the Anthem? They have a huge balcony and then a door that goes to this area. And this guy, I missed my shot but he is wearing what looks like Spiderman garanimal bungie smugglers! I'm trying to get a picture but he only gets up a few times .  I'm having a blast trying to get this cabin identified!

20221123_142933.jpg

This would appear to be the GS with large balcony.  We had one on Anthem on the last cruise we took prior to the shut-down.  While this gentleman appears to be putting his extended balcony to good use, I found this balcony to be useless.  Maybe it was the crap weather on a Bermuda cruise in Feb.  It looks like he got a nice lounger on his extended balcony.  I don’t recall having one on ours but maybe there was and I just don’t remember it.  Honestly, I stuck my head over there once and never went back.  It was just too cold.

In addition to finding the big balcony to be useless, I truly hated the layout of this GS.  I don’t know if all GS have the same layout (first and only GS for us on a Q class ship) but there is a wall between the living area and the bedroom and it really makes the room feel cramped and small.  I also hated the cut-up bathroom.

This cruise was plagued from the beginning (COVID false alarm cut it from an 8 night Caribbean to a 5 night Bermuda) so maybe I was just generally annoyed but I swore I would never book a GS on a Q ship ever again.

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

20221123_142933.jpg

I have booked this GS with large  balcony on Ovation leaving in 13 days ,I think I may have a better experience than @WAAAYTOOO because it will be summer in OZ and DH and I plan to fully utilise the extra space on the balcony for mandatory nanna naps and room service breakfast /meals and If I do not get a lounger I certainly will request one😎

I am always shocked when people are like "I don't have Covid....just a cold/the flu" as if that is okay. Stop spreading your germs people!!!

Also, I love it when people are just loose on their balconies. I once saw a guy come out of his CP balcony in just a towel and lay out. 

I am happy "vintage" is working for people. We have now added a "vintage" male to our group cruise in Oct 2023. I like how the more vintage women keep coming for your husband, they try hard on these cruises. 

Happy Thanksgiving ALL! May you have a restful day, full of peace and love, surrounded by all you hold dear.

Last night, lobster night. We arrived early as we thought it prudent being as the night before dragged on forever. It worked like a charm. 

Funny enough the lobster was on the menu but the servers didn't even mention it, they were pushing the meat dish. We all ordered lobster but since I don't eat it I gave mine to the magnet. He said it was sweet and tasty, no need for butter at all. The waiter offered seconds, both my daughter and hubby said yes, I forgot to mention I ordered a rice dish from the vegan menu, so good. When the server came he had just the lobster meat, no shells. I never saw that before, everyone satisfied we were down for the Baked Alaska and gone. A perfect dinner, perfectly paced. 

Our big younger sister the Anthem is here along side us this morning, it's a glorious morning, which is amazing because the forecast was rain. Going to relax and wing it on the island today. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

20221124_065121.jpg

20221124_064349.jpg

20221124_065405.jpg

11 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Also, I love it when people are just loose on their balconies. I once saw a guy come out of his CP balcony in just a towel and lay out.

when i first read this i thought, 'ah well, he gave the sea creatures a show'

and then i read it AGAIN and realized it was a central park balcony and nearly spat out my coffee in stunned laughter 😆

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

Happy Thanksgiving ALL! May you have a restful day, full of peace and love, surrounded by all you hold dear.

Last night, lobster night. We arrived early as we thought it prudent being as the night before dragged on forever. It worked like a charm. 

Funny enough the lobster was on the menu but the servers didn't even mention it, they were pushing the meat dish. We all ordered lobster but since I don't eat it I gave mine to the magnet. He said it was sweet and tasty, no need for butter at all. The waiter offered seconds, both my daughter and hubby said yes, I forgot to mention I ordered a rice dish from the vegan menu, so good. When the server came he had just the lobster meat, no shells. I never saw that before, everyone satisfied we were down for the Baked Alaska and gone. A perfect dinner, perfectly paced. 

Our big younger sister the Anthem is here along side us this morning, it's a glorious morning, which is amazing because the forecast was rain. Going to relax and wing it on the island today. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

20221124_065121.jpg

20221124_064349.jpg

20221124_065405.jpg

I'm jealous!  No Thanksgiving cruise for us this year.  It's really a great way to spend the holiday.  Unfortunately, work doesn't make it easy for me to take this week.

I'm glad to see your family is making it a tradition.

Yes, the Quest is back tonight, not going but wanted to let you know. 

Coco Cay was gorgeous today. Just hung out on Chill Island and spent some time in the pool, yes it was crowded but everyone was enjoying and kind. A lot of cabanas sat empty, from the 10 over water ones I could see only 3 were rented, one was a prize from the love and marriage game show last night. 

Dinner was good but tonight was the night they would not stop asking for 10 on the feedback. I feel so sad for them that they feel they need to grovel, they were a great team, they are working hard why does Royal measure them like this?

Out of our MDR experiences on this ship, the Mariner and the Adventure this was the best MDR experience.

The show tonight was pretty enjoyable, the singers and dancers are good this time around. 

Jaime is the CD and he is fantastic, funny and engaging. Out and about everywhere. 

Cost cutting in many areas, hot water turned down for sure, air conditioning is a problem. The ship is hot! Everyone is complaining there is minimum alcohol in the drinks. No tribute bands only house band. 

Still had fun and will sail this class again. 

No ice bucket in cabin, I just realized so clearly I didn't need it. No spring water on ship, they did have it on Coco cay today in cans. The ship has bottles of filtered water. 

Cabin 7672 is a great 2 bedroom cabin, especially now we had everything fixed! The balcony is tight, I would book deck 8 or 9 before deck 7. But, deck 7 is good if you like taking the stairs. 

Sea Day tomorrow.

20221124_202747.jpg

On 11/23/2022 at 11:20 AM, Neesa said:

I'm spoiled, I have Cabash heat my pool to 89 degrees so there's that!

I love this. Friend of the family is the same. We've all gotten used to it and now I hate a cold pool. I house sat over the summer and I didn't realize I had to manually turn it on (it kicks on overnight automatically) until most of the week went by and everyone was pissed. So spoiled.

Chair Hogs in full force in the Solarium on this last sea day! 0700 and we were lucky to find two chairs. Hogs, it's all about them.  So glad we are early today! Looking forward to our day here. Just enjoyed breakfast sandwich from the park Cafe. It's going to be a great day! 

Tonight we are dining at Chops. The concierge Christian comped us our meals Tonight as a kind gesture for the hot water. No hot water again last night, tepid at best.

Still loving this ship!

20221125_074128(0).jpg

20221125_091956.jpg

This question came to mind last night at dinner. We pay 18.50 per night each because we are staying in a suite. We already pay more for the suite. Does the extra gratuity money at least go to the state room attendant? The MDR and dining is exactly the same as every other cabin. So I'm curious, what is the justification of the extra monies? Again, we know about this going in but we like the room a suite cabin affords, so why? 

Funny thing this morning, training in the Solarium pool of crew members. Water rescue training, wow there were some angry individuals but mostly empty chairs watching. Daughter and I enjoyed it, we thought it should be advertised. It was more entertaining then Amy Jo the Adele singer! I have a pic I'm trying to upload. 

20221125_090546.jpg

Last day and what a way to end this sailing. The staff on this ship are the warmest even while tired we have encountered. I would repeat this ship in a heartbeat. 

We started at the Solarium at 0730 and just ate some lite bites from the Park food offerings. As I documented earlier there was a lot to keep my people watching skills busy. There were many little kids in the Solarium today, I am guessing because it's a Holiday sailing. 

We had a great last day! The weather was amazing, the ship is sailing fast we need to be in Tampa at the port early due to fog. 

Chops was amazing, not crowded at all. I'd be surprised if this Holiday sailing bench marks were not met. I was surprised to see so many empty tables. Would I sail the Serenade again, a resounding YES!

20221125_114917.jpg

20221125_163019.jpg

20221125_173916.jpg

20221125_182205.jpg

20221125_182241.jpg

20221125_182406.jpg