Simply Serenade Thanksgiving 2022

Neesa

Chops for Suites breakfast twice so far, very good food very crowded. The crew is tired, they smile and are kind but you can tell. The restaurant closed at 0900 but even after that time people were showing up, I felt the crews angst. They clearly wanted to be done. But most of us were not leaving the ship, so it was a leisurely start, probably to the crews detriment. 

Apparently all of our D+ perks went to our previous cabin, I visited the Loyalty desk and got things sorted.

20221121_085753.jpg

Our cabin was changed only 2 days ahead of time so clearly things were confused. Since we experienced the hot water issue the concierge Christian bought us dinner at Chops, we are going night 7. This ship is lovely I like her better then the Mariner, but her crew is warm and special, they are the STARS.

20221121_095440.jpg

The Chops or Giovanni's suite breakfast is an underrated benefit.  I really enjoy the relaxed start to the day and on the Radiance class these venues have great views to the sea.   It truly is a great way to start the day.  As an early riser I tend to be there near the start of the breakfast service so I miss the late-comers arriving at the end.

beautiful pics!!

YOU HAVE HOT WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i jumped for joy FOR YOU! 😆

loving all the pics and glad you got the D+ perks sorted. i remember the staff on serenade being exceptional when we were on her (pre-covid), so i am glad to hear that has remained unchanged. hoping they can find some relief/kinder cruisers this time around so that they can recharge a bit, as you and @Ampurp85 have both noted the exhaustion. my heart goes out to them -- will remind me to be a little more patient + grateful when things go unexpectedly awry. appreciate the reminders. 💚🙏🏼

Random thoughts this morning, Day 4.

First time that RC or this ship ? has called on Bimini, we don't have an excursion but are here until 5 so we are going ashore after a lite breakfast. 

The new Top Gun movie was shown in the Tropical Theater last night, I really enjoyed that.

Hearing some passengers commenting on unruly kids on this sailing, so many kids. I guess it's perception because we were talking over dinner last night about how few kids are on board! Lol!!

Oh, ready....this cabin hates me, or loves that I am fixing her. The lights went out last night in kiddos bathroom, she needs to use it with the door open, hahaha! We'll will notify maintenance and get it taken care of today! Man, whoever gets this cabin next is set! I laughed so hard when she told me last night, OMG but you know what, I really like this class of ship!

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Random thoughts this morning, Day 4.

First time that RC or this ship ? has called on Bimini, we don't have an excursion but are here until 5 so we are going ashore after a lite breakfast. 

The new Top Gun movie was shown in the Tropical Theater last night, I really enjoyed that.

Hearing some passengers commenting on unruly kids on this sailing, so many kids. I guess it's perception because we were talking over dinner last night about how few kids are on board! Lol!!

Oh, ready....this cabin hates me, or loves that I am fixing her. The lights went out last night in kiddos bathroom, she needs to use it with the door open, hahaha! We'll will notify maintenance and get it taken care of today! Man, whoever gets this cabin next is set! I laughed so hard when she told me last night, OMG but you know what, I really like this class of ship!

Before Bimini had a pier, many years ago, Royal planned to call there but had to abort en route once they discovered there was no pier.  This according to some long time Florida based cruisers I met once.  Not sure if that's true or not.  More recently a few Royal ships have called there but it's very infrequent.  

It was more recently developed into it's current form by Genting's Resorts World. I imagine Royal wasn't super keen on paying money to a competitor.  You may recall some drama when the Crystal Symphony stopped in Bimini (since the parent company Genting Hong Kong has a business interest in the pier/port/area), debarked all guests and ceased operations before going on the run to evade being "arrested" in the wake of the Genting bankruptcy.

I suppose the reluctance of lines like Carnival, MSC, NCL and Royal to pay money to Genting to use Bimini contributed to their downfall.  Virgin Voyages does use it though.  I think the first Royal ships used Bimini as an alternate when the Caymans was still closed to ships in late 2021.  Carnival Horizon stopped there at least once.

When renovated the pier was designed to be Oasis capable but Royal didn't seem too eager to fund Genting's investment.

Wow! Thanks @twangsterfor the great 411. I can't take a pic yet because of the angle of the sun but wow what a long pier. We are all wearing sneakers hoping to walk it. Its very pretty at first glance. 

This was to be the bright spot on this snoozefest itinerary with coco cay being the brightest. 

i really think i want to try the other ships in this class now for sure. 

50 minutes ago, Neesa said:

really think i want to try the other ships in this class now for sure. 

49 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

One of us! One of us! #TeamRadiance 

I agree with you both and I am definitely #TeamRadiance I love these ships, they are elegant and the crew are special

Breakfast burritos in the MDR for breakfast. So delicious, not crowded at all and they sat us at a window with a beautiful view. 

Perfect start to the day. Crowds on pier have dissipated so we are heading out soon.

Oh it's my window with a funky shade! Pictures forth coming.

Bimini is hot today. Rented a golf cart, they wanted 100.00 for the day. I threw myself in the parking lot with them and the hungry guy rented me Humpy the golf cart (this is the name ) for 50 for the day. Back onboard WJ for lunch, food was good, place was packed, no tables inside outside was a different story. Fun afternoon will try to send pics soon. Having difficulties...

Screenshot_20221122-095119_One UI Home.jpg