Quickest way to the airport from the port?

atmuma

I completely understand the suggestion of not having a flight home too early in case your ship is late, you get caught up in customs, or whatnot. That being said, if time is our main concern, would the quickest way from the port to the airport be a cab? I know Uber or Lyft might be cheaper, an usually that is the way I go, but with time being more important this time around I am thinking there is a quicker way. Is there a line of cabs at the port waiting to take people? We will self-debark, handling our own luggage so we can get off the ship asap. We'll be at Port Everglades, flying out of the Fort Lauderdale airport. Thanks!!

If speed is your quest then cabs are the way to go.  They'll be waiting for you as soon as you walk away from customs.  

I've not personally used the luggage valet service, but I know they do specify the flight times which they can work with.  You can decide on luggage valet once onboard, so no reason to plan this part ahead if walking off with your bags is an option.

Baggage Valet would help, but I think your flight has to be after 11/11:30. Carry your bags off (or request an early departure number) and hop in a cab. It will be less than $20 with tip and super fast.

We had departure number 18 and were able to collect our bags and clear Customs quickly. We were to the airport before 9 am; about 40 minutes from ship to check in counter at the airport.

Cab is the way to go. I always use the Royal shuttle service but you sit and wait until the bus is full before they leave the port. According to the bus driver they try to leave every 30 minutes with 9 am being the first time to leave. I used the Luggage Valet on the Indy and it was wonderful, my third time using it, but your flight had to be after 1130 am.

Candie