Stateroom move possible?

billnye97

Hi all, I checked in with a GTY Balcony for Freedom in December. I thought I didn't care were I ended up but I guess I do. Through the barcode tricked I learned I will be in 6244 which is right across from the elevators. Is there any chance I can get moved? Now I don't care about obstructed balconies or anything like that but I'm concerned about the noise level right outside the cabin. Is it as bad as I'm thinking it will be?  If I call will they even be able to tell what cabin I've been assigned and would they change it? 

In reality the elevator lobby has a fire door to the hallway so it's not a wide open space like you see on deck plans.

Such cabins close to the elevators are coveted by many including myself.  I find those cabins desirable. 

People who talk loudly in the guest hall can be heard where ever you are when they are talking.  In the middle of the hall, end of the hall or beginning of the hall.  There is always the possibility of hearing such guests when they are loud outside your cabin anywhere along the hall. 

To answer your question, you can't ask to be re-assigned until they officially assign you a cabin. 

13 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

Also, what is this barcode trick of which you speak?

If you booked a guarantee stateroom (you let Royal choose your room) once you have a SetSail pass, you can scan the barcode with a barcode scanner or add it to your Apple Wallet and sometimes it will show that a room has already been assigned even though the SetSail pass says GTY still.

16 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:
16 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

Also, what is this barcode trick of which you speak?

If you booked a guarantee stateroom (you let Royal choose your room) once you have a SetSail pass, you can scan the barcode with a barcode scanner or add it to your Apple Wallet and sometimes it will show that a room has already been assigned even though the SetSail pass says GTY still.

I use a QR reader app to do this. The app will read the barcode and while the barcode may come up as "invalid", it will provide a series of numbers and the last 4 or 5 digits will indicate your deck and stateroom number. For example, the last four digits of this Set Sail Pass barcode are for stateroom 6226. (Deck 6, Stateroom 226).

Barcode Trick.jpg

@twangster hit the nail on the head with the info. Last week I was assigned a room by Royal that was right next to the elevator, wouldn't have known it from inside the room if I didn't know where it was. Absolutely no noise noticed related to "elevator traffic". Definitely had zero complaints about location for that room.

On 11/8/2022 at 9:09 AM, SPS said:

I use a QR reader app to do this. The app will read the barcode and while the barcode may come up as "invalid", it will provide a series of numbers and the last 4 or 5 digits will indicate your deck and stateroom number. For example, the last four digits of this Set Sail Pass barcode are for stateroom 6226. (Deck 6, Stateroom 226).

Barcode Trick.jpg

If you have an iPhone and add the pass to your Apple Wallet, the barcode number gets populated at the bottom automatically.  The format is the same with the stateroom being the last 4-5 numbers (typically after the dash).