Linked Reservations & Check-In/Boarding

CruiseFun

Hello,

We have 2 linked reservations, A & B.  Can all persons from reservation A, and one person from B, check-in at the same time, and the remaining person(s) from B check-in an hour later?  Does it depend on age for example?

Are there any important distinctions between the words "check-in" and "board"?  I'm using them interchangeably.

Thanks.

20 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Each adult can check-in separately from others in their cabin or on their reservation.  Minors will have to have a guardian present to check-in and board.

OK, so in my example, if the person in reservation B who is boarding later is an adult, that should be fine, since the guardian from reservation A can check-in and board with all minors across both reservations -- sound correct?

Asking this to determine how best to get almost everyone on-board as early as possible.

17 minutes ago, CruiseFun said:

OK, so in my example, if the person in reservation B who is boarding later is an adult, that should be fine, since the guardian from reservation A can check-in and board with all minors across both reservations -- sound correct?

Asking this to determine how best to get almost everyone on-board as early as possible.

Boarding with a minor that you aren't the legal guardian of will likely be an issue. You need to bring the proper documentation with you that you have permission to take the minor out of the country if they won't be boarding with the legal guardians. You need to have the documentation at the time of boarding or the legal guardian needs to be present.

13 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Boarding with a minor that you aren't the legal guardian of will likely be an issue. You need to bring the proper documentation with you that you have permission to take the minor out of the country if they won't be boarding with the legal guardians. You need to have the documentation at the time of boarding or the legal guardian needs to be present.

Thanks -- in our case, we're all one family; mom in one reservation and dad in another (a booking requirement).  Trying to understand if we must all board at once or not.

I wouldn't think it's a problem, especially if the last name for the minors match the parents.  It just depends on if you get an overzealous port worker that wants to have both parents' permission to let the child board. 

Although if it was required to book an adult with a minor for your booking, they may have an issue. Hopefully someone with experience could chime in.

45 minutes ago, CruiseFun said:

Thanks -- in our case, we're all one family; mom in one reservation and dad in another (a booking requirement).  Trying to understand if we must all board at once or not.

You should be fine.   You’re all going to sail together, if I understand this correctly, someone is just boarding at a different time.  If they even ask, just tell them that. We have had people in the same cabin board at different times. Just make sure they do not give both sea pass cards to the first person boarding. 

Boarded Anthem today

re:linked reservations and dining

check your app on boarding day and you’ll see your table #.  The party I am linked with has a different table than mine, same happened to a family behind me, linked reservations but different tables.

if it’s incorrect head to the dining room when you board and have them fix it.