SeaPass Card

You can purchase onboard credit for someone as a gift, so I don't see why you can't "gift it" to yourself.  If you've booked with an agent just ask them to take care of it.  If you're booked directly just call RCI and ask.  While you can do this through the online gift section, I think it restrcits you to specific denominations - which may be more flexible via the phone or through an agent.

Considering how far off your cruise is, I'm wondering if fully paying it off in the next few months makes sense. If a promo comes along that reduces the cost of your cruise, and you've fully paid it off, there's no way to reduce your final bill since it's already paid off. I think I read elsewhere that if that happens, Royal just gives you the difference as onboard credit, and this may be acceptable in your case since you want OBC pre-applied for your trip.

I kind of look at that the same way I look at overpaying my taxes and getting a refund -- that's an interest-free loan you can't redeem until your trip, and in the meantime you might want / need that money. Might be better to hold off fully paying off the trip and putting that OBC money on your account until just a few months out, rather than over a year out.

I wouldn't pay off a July 2018 cruise. My TA recommends leaving a $200 balance on the books until about a week before final payment. It is much easier if the price drops to get the new price then if you have paid in full.

Royal's website offers giftcards you can buy in increments of $25, $50 and $100. I bought two for myself and when I got onboard I had Guest Services add them to my onboard account. Remember you can buy your drink packages, pay gratuities, pay for specialty restaurants, etc., online before you cruise, so you don't need so much money in your onboard account.

Candie