COVID Testing Requirements for European Cruises

jabberwk

What are the COVID testing requirements for those US citizens who are fully vaccinated and both embarking and debarking from a European port (Amsterdam)? I have seen the updated requirements for US sailings and transatlantic cruises, but I can't find anything regarding cruises that start and end from the same port in Europe. We are arriving three days before our cruise starts. Will we have to get tested in Amsterdam?

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Since European cruise season just ended, I'm not sure there are any exact protocols for Europe at this point. It's too early to know what to expect in 2023

Thanks for the quick response, Matt! We'll be patient and see how things play out. 🙂

Last month on a cruise with Italy, Greece, and Croatia I did need to get a covid test before embarking in Italy.  But I think it was Greece that required it.  Since cruises are over in most of Europe, we will see what next spring brings.  Am hoping no covid tests though, as I go to Europe again in spring 2023.   

I received this recently on our upcoming cruise from Barcelona which apparently is not considered transatlantic even though it essentially is:

Thank you for calling us about your upcoming cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas sailing on 11/08/2022 out of Barcelona, Spain.

Per our conversation about the current health protocols, please be informed of the below information.

For Cruises from Europe

Vaccinated guests who are considered up to date do not need to take a test for sailings of 9 nights or fewer. On sailings of 10 nights or longer, vaccinated guests age 12 and older,  who are considered up to date, will need to bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 test within 3 days before boarding day.

Guests age 12 and up who are not vaccinated or are vaccinated but not considered up to date will have 3 days to take a test before their cruise, regardless the duration of the cruise.

Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense.

You can check also check this information bygoing to this link https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise.

If you have further questions, you may call us during our normal business hours Monday to Fridays 9AM to 9PM EST and Saturday and Sunday 9AM to 6PM EST.

Kind Regards,

Mary Marjorie Kjeldsen

Group Cruise Representative

Trade Support and Services

3 hours ago, gmbrash1 said:

I received this recently on our upcoming cruise from Barcelona which apparently is not considered transatlantic even though it essentially is:

Thank you for calling us about your upcoming cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas sailing on 11/08/2022 out of Barcelona, Spain.

Per our conversation about the current health protocols, please be informed of the below information.

For Cruises from Europe

Vaccinated guests who are considered up to date do not need to take a test for sailings of 9 nights or fewer. On sailings of 10 nights or longer, vaccinated guests age 12 and older,  who are considered up to date, will need to bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 test within 3 days before boarding day.

Guests age 12 and up who are not vaccinated or are vaccinated but not considered up to date will have 3 days to take a test before their cruise, regardless the duration of the cruise.

Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

You can check also check this information bygoing to this link https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise.

If you have further questions, you may call us during our normal business hours Monday to Fridays 9AM to 9PM EST and Saturday and Sunday 9AM to 6PM EST.

Kind Regards,

Mary Marjorie Kjeldsen

What does your app say under the health button?    I'd hope this person is correct but unfortunately so many people in Royal seem to not know correct answers.

Right, but in doing that, you no longer see cruises from Europe, just:

I’ve talked to Crown and Anchor 5 different times, believe it or not, and they’ve given me the same answer every time which is a 3 day window of testing for our cruise from Barcelona. I certainly understand any confusion and hesitate to give any advice because of it 

On 11/4/2022 at 7:23 PM, gmbrash1 said:

For Cruises from Europe

Kind Regards,

Mary Marjorie Kjeldsen

Yes that is what I saw on the RC website under cruises from Europe a few weeks ago showing those vaccinated with the cruise being 9 days and under no testing so we booked because we were happy they removed that requirement as we are flying in a few days early and did not want an issue.