(Another) Travel Agent Question

When you book through a travel agent, do you still have access to your cruise on the Royal Caribbean site?  Meaning, will I be able to go in and purchase drink packages, specialty dining, etc. on the Royal Caribbean site (like I do when I book through them)....or does everything need to be done through the travel agent?

Also, are my cruise documents available on the RCI site, or is that all sent to me via the travel agent?

Thanks

Yes, if you book with a travel agent you have access to the Cruise Planner, where you can book shore excursions, dining packages, drink packages, spa appointments and more.

You can do online check-in yourself as well. 

Using a TA basically means you cannot change anything about the core reservation on your own (who's going, names, room assignment, etc).

When you book through a travel agent, do you still have access to your cruise on the Royal Caribbean site?  Meaning, will I be able to go in and purchase drink packages, specialty dining, etc. on the Royal Caribbean site (like I do when I book through them)....or does everything need to be done through the travel agent?

Also, are my cruise documents available on the RCI site, or is that all sent to me via the travel agent?

Thanks

1. Absolutely...if your reservation ID isn't showing up, click on the link on the lower left of My Cruises on the RC site entitled "Don't see your reservation." From there, you can enter your information to get to your cruise planner for that sailing. Click on the reservation ID, and it will take you to the Countdown to Cruise. There is a link in one of the tabs entitled "Cruise Planner." from there, you can get to shore excursions, dining packages, Internet, beverage packages, etc.

2. There's a section called "Cruise documentation" on the Countdown to Cruise page. If your documents are available, you should be able to see if they are issued. I can't remember if it is after online check-in or not, but I think it is. You should be able to check-in 90 days before your cruise I think.

Yes, you will be able to access everything relating to your cruise except for the payment tab.  Since all payments must be submitted through the Agency, you will not be able to make payments directly nor see your balances (amounts paid and/or due)....but your TA will send you a payment confirmation with all of the payment information shown whenever you make a payment.

Cruise docs can vary.   Some TAs offer the full printed cruise docs and old time luggage tags as part of their service but many do not.  If the TA does not send you the printed cruise docs package then you will be able to access your cruise docs electronically in the same way you do when you book your cruise directly with RCI.

I recall one of the regular folks in here (meaning you frequently answer travel agent questions) identifying as a travel agent...I am look for one for an upcoming cruise for several reasons, can someone please contact me if you are one? 

I personally use MEI Travel.  I have for almost a decade as my MEI agent has always provided me with excellent service.  In full disclosure, MEI is also a sponsor of the blog, so if you appreciate the site, it'd be great if you reached out to MEI by requesting a quote via the form on the right side of the RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com homepage.

http://imgur.com/a/VwFft

I personally use MEI Travel.  I have for almost a decade as my MEI agent has always provided me with excellent service.  In full disclosure, MEI is also a sponsor of the blog, so if you appreciate the site, it'd be great if you reached out to MEI by requesting a quote via the form on the right side of the RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com homepage.

http://imgur.com/a/VwFft

Hi and thanks for quick reply. I am happy to use them but I am not thinking of RCI on my next trip actually which is one reason I want to speak to a travel agent :(

Hi and thanks for quick reply. I am happy to use them but I am not thinking of RCI on my next trip actually which is one reason I want to speak to a travel agent :(

I've sailed a dozen or so cruise lines, many of those booked with MEI :-)

You can still fill out that form and they'll reach out for details.  Alternatively you can reach out to them directly, but do Matt a favor and mention that you found them here, he spends too much time on this site away from his fam to not get credit :-)

The for cruises I have booked, none of which are with Royal, are all booked with MEI as is my stay at Walt Disney World for WDW Marathon Weekend after my New Year's cruise.