Sip Tour Brunch

mills10

Hello!  The Sip Tour Brunch just became available for our cruise and my wife and I think it sounds really fun and interesting.  We are wondering if anyone knows what is typically offered for brunch.  We would be doing this with are 9 and 6 yr old who are sometimes picky eaters.  Would this tour be better suited on a future cruise with older kids?

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, mills10 said:

Hello!  The Sip Tour Brunch just became available for our cruise and my wife and I think it sounds really fun and interesting.  We are wondering if anyone knows what is typically offered for brunch.  We would be doing this with are 9 and 6 yr old who are sometimes picky eaters.  Would this tour be better suited on a future cruise with older kids?

Thanks! 

There wasn't anything on the menu that I would consider kid friendly. The other question would be if they allowed children to tour the back of the house galley area. There weren't any kids at our brunch, or on our cruise for that matter at the beginning of last month. Maybe somebody who has been on a cruise with more kids can answer that question or maybe @Matt

Happy Cruising!

34 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Interesting menu!  I am considering this for my 2023 July cruise.  The price is $49.99/pp.  Is this the standard price across the board?

That's what is was priced at last month. We got 20% off from our Chops server who was selling the brunch one morning in the MDR.

Happy Cruising!

In the past,  I've gotten a buy one, get on free deal while onboard. I think that it wasn't selling well and we got the offer from our waiter at dinner.

In my opinion,  it isn't worth $49.99 pp. The brunch is good, but not great and the tour is very short and crowded. You only see a small part of the kitchen. It's a do it once kind of thing,  or maybe worth it if you get a good deal.

5 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Interesting menu!  I am considering this for my 2023 July cruise.  The price is $49.99/pp.  Is this the standard price across the board?

When it first popped for us it was $43 but after about a week it moved to 49.99 and hasn't budged since then.  My wife can swill $43 worth of mimosas no problem. 🙂

She's also in Industrial Food Service education so it will be interesting for her.

21 hours ago, Xaa said:

When it first popped for us it was $43 but after about a week it moved to 49.99 and hasn't budged since then.  My wife can swill $43 worth of mimosas no problem. 🙂

She's also in Industrial Food Service education so it will be interesting for her.

The galley tour was absolutely fascinating, I'm sure someone with her background will find it to be very informative.  They also open the floor up to questions, so depending on how many mimosas she's downed at that point, that could be interesting for everyone! 😉

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just did this tour on our Odyssey cruise on Feb 25. in my opinion: it wasn't worth it. We booked the tour as we had done one on Independence years back and thoroughly enjoyed it and had hoped our kids would like it too as this was their first cruise. 

The Chef guide we got seemed like he just drew the short straw to do the tour. He tried but he went off on several tangents, repeated himself several times, didn't attempt to include anyone in the back of the group and overall didn't really have any direction with what he was showing us vs. what he was talking about. I saw the other group, which had started after us, as their guide made sure they were arranged in the galley in a way that was safe but also able to hear him.  He also made sure they were engaged and participating.

The tour itself felt a little rushed. I get it, they're busy and have a ton of things to do but they took us into the traditional dining room area, during brunch while it was closed. I would hope that they had planned and allotted time for the tour.  We did get to see the kitchen but from a very small area, I believe we got to see the area where they assemble the plates for the servers to take out, where they grab dishes, the drink machines, and the dishwashers. Again, unless you shoved your way to the front of the group, you wouldn't be able to hear your guide.

The food itself was delicious, but after having the main dining room food for several days already, I wasn't overly impressed. I was disappointed to find that the offerings are basically the same dishes you get in the main dining room, just plucked from various theme menus and interspersed with brunch menu items.  As we had already purchased the deluxe beverage package, the bottomless mimosas weren't the big draw I suspect Royal Caribbean was aiming for. 

Overall, we wouldn't do it again.