Is there anyway to transfer a cabin?

Jill

I’m thinking no but thought I’d ask. 

Friends booked through Royal for our upcoming cruise this spring. Now they cannot go. We have family that would like their cabin as it’s next to ours. Is there anyway to do this? Family knows they would be priced at todays pricing. Just would be nice if they could be next to us. Not a whole lot of inventory left either. 

Thanks for any advice! 

Talk to a TA. They may be able to help since they talk directly to RCL.  I know that for one of my cruises, I did not like the locations of our family cabins (all spread apart).  My TA was able to get 3 almost in a row (1 cabin in between the 3.)  Maybe the TA can do the cancelation followed immediately with the new booking and grab the canceled cabin.

Not sure I understand the recommendation but I believe the rule is that at least one of the original pax must remain on the reservation….forever.  So you can never completely replace everyone from the original res.  From what I understand, this “rule” keeps someone from purchasing a cruise and the re-selling it down the road, for a profit.