Customs Facial Recognition Now in Los Angeles

Jack805

Just got off of a sailing in Los Angeles, and in the 2 months since my last trip CBP has added the facial recognition tablets to the Customs clearance process. Wanted to share with the entire community since it dramatically improved clearance times after debarkation. Seemed to have a few hiccups still being new to LA, but it was great to be off the ship and in my car in less than 10 minutes this time.

(Also, @Matt could you update the RC Cruise Terminal directions and parking post to show LA parking at $20/day?)

I was all excited about how efficient facial recognition was until we disembarked in Boston last Sunday. 

The CBP agent was by the gangway and we just flashed our passports as we walked by….that was all.   I’ve never experienced anything like that. 

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

LA has been the worst port customs I've ever seen. Hopefully this speeds things up

The experience was night and day for me between the two recent sailings. I'm sure the efficiency of this at customs will only be increased in coming weeks as it seemed like a VERY recent addition with the setup and the queueing still to go through the facial recognition lanes. But most I talked to after had a longer wait to get scanned off the ship than the walk and going through customs.