chef's table attire

PRMLVM

27 minutes ago, PRMLVM said:

Is wearing a tie required at the Chef's Table dinner?  The description says Formal, and their site describes Formal as "suit and tie or tuxedo" for men.  If hubby wears a pressed open-neck shirt, will he be turned away?   Is tie (and jacket?!) REQUIRED?

You will not have an issue. My husband always wears a short sleeved linen shirt and slacks and never feels underdressed. There will be people dressed up, but not everyone will be. Enjoy!

@PRMLVM Probably will be ok.  It's a fancy dinner, so I recommend dressing accordingly with respect to your fellow guests.  (No shorts and T-shirts, etc.)  I treat it as if I'm eating at a restaurant where it costs $200 per person.

When I go, I wear slacks, a collared shirt, a jacket, and dress shoes.  I skip the tie - it's annoying - I dislike tucking it and it gets in the way.  Seems to be the status quo for the guys.

The ladies tend to outshine the guys with their dinner dresses.

We love the Chef's Table on RC.  In my opinion, it's an intimate Michelin Star quality dinner, without the Michelin Star price. 🙂

52 minutes ago, Bankai said:

@PRMLVM Probably will be ok.  It's a fancy dinner, so I recommend dressing accordingly with respect to your fellow guests.  (No shorts and T-shirts, etc.)  I treat it as if I'm eating at a restaurant where it costs $200 per person.

When I go, I wear slacks, a collared shirt, a jacket, and dress shoes.  I skip the tie - it's annoying - I dislike tucking it and it gets in the way.  Seems to be the status quo for the guys.

The ladies tend to outshine the guys with their dinner dresses.

We love the Chef's Table on RC.  In my opinion, it's an intimate Michelin Star quality dinner, without the Michelin Star price. 🙂

He was (after reading the attire requirement) going to take a tie, and skip the jacket (for easier packing).   The original plan was a short-sleeved collared/pressed shirt, slacks, and dress shoes.   He wears suits at home when the occasion calls for it but we reeeaaaallly did not want to pack a suit or even jacket if we could avoid.  Thank you for your advice and experience.

@PRMLVM Happy to help!  One other thing to think about (which makes it slightly annoying to pack dressy clothes on a cruise) is to de-wrinkle everything after you unpack.  Since you can't bring an iron or steamer on the ship, the options I know of are either to: pay and have the clothes pressed; or hang everything up in the shower, steam the clothes there, and use de-wrinkle spray.  Not a huge deal, just one extra thing to keep in mind.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your fancy date night!

• 7 months later...