Just venting

Adriana

13 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

..the next lot is when you go through that lot....you actually wind up directly  across the street from the terminal. (you just double backed)   I guess you can call it all one lot.  We were parked there twice.  First time they did not say to take the ticket with you....thankfully I realized we would need it.  My son paid the tab at the machine when we returned.  Next time hubby dropped us all off and he parked.  I could see the lot from the outside terminal seating

This is where I ended up last month. Super weird but when I realized how close I was I was pretty happy with it. I made sure to ask one of the directing people where to go....I didn't realize how close I was.

@Adriananone of this feels like complaining. Hope the rest of the cruise is smoother. You should put in a complaint tho about the manager who spoke down to you. This is never okay.

17 hours ago, Adriana said:

I am with you! I was not expecting a family in there! When Guest services said they did not know what to do, that the ship was at capacity, it def felt worse. At almost 9pm when I was still there and wasted a day, sure did not feel great. Thankful I found my luggage and got things relatively settled, though. And Alina kept trying to find a solution, so that gave me hope. @Cruiser4Life, I miss being handed my card, too! 

I don’t know if I missed it or not but what type of room had you originally booked and what type did you end up in?  Was location and deck level comparable to your original?

On 11/3/2022 at 12:11 PM, Adriana said:

I was told that they could not get in touch with them (they were in the cabin) and would take too long to clean it again for me and wanted me in a new cabin. Alina was super nice. The manager not so much. No need to reprimand me for standing at the counter. I was not holding up anyone like he says, I would not do that, I was making reservations. That upset me more. 

I would have said, not my problem. Just like I pay extra to choose a specific seat in a plane, I purposely choose my cabin. I wouldn't have accepted anything but the cabin I booked. I would have escalated it to GS Supervisor, then social media blasts, etc while standing in MY cabin, calling security to kick them out.

That's me. I am known to overreact at times. I physically feel it now for you. You're better than me for handling it so well.

Still take the previous advice and reach out as well as social blasts. Personally feel you're owed a little compensation, even if it's just a bottle of wine and a relaxing meal at a specialty restaurant. 

I am so sorry this happened. I hope the rest of your cruise is enjoyable. 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:35 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

@AdrianaI am so disappointed for you !  I know (b/c I am in the same situation !!!) how long you have waited to cruise...and to have this kind of disappointment right off the bat ?  UGH.  I think you are handling it extraordinarily well !  I would have been hoppin' mad.

So, if I may ask....did you encounter any issues with being unvaccinated ?  Everything went ok with all of that ?  They didn't question your test results ?

What kind of room did they finally put you into ?  I can't believe that they allowed someone else to have the room that YOU took the time, effort and expense to choose for yourself !  I certainly hope that your final room was at least a nice upgrade !

I'm sure you are already doing this, but be sure that you register all of your dissatisfaction BEFORE leaving the ship.  Frankly, there is very little they can/will do for you once you disembark.  I would request a meeting with the ship's Hotel Director.  Chances are they will direct you to someone lower down the line, but I would certainly request a chat with the HD...and settle for someone else if that's all you can get.  Document everything.  If they don't let you see the HD, be sure and let whomever you do see, know that you were not allowed to discuss your concerns with the person that you wanted (HD).  Talk to the Diamond Concierge and with the manager at Guest Services.  Take names !!!

Again, I am so sorry that your restart to cruising has been so stressful.  What a shame after all of the waiting...and I can tell from your postings how much you were looking forward to this cruise.  What a shame.

After having said all of that...please enjoy the rest of your cruise.  I don't mean to suggest that you spend your entire cruise huffing around the ship to register your dissatisfaction to everyone you encounter.  I don't wish that for you at all.  Do what you can and then "let it go".

🥰🥰 to you.

Agree with WAAAYTOO.  We had similar experiences, a while back, on sister line Celebrity - the hotel director delegated to the #2 person.  She resolved all issues and added a couple of perks and some FCC. Problems cannot be fixed if they do not know about them!  

Thank you all again! I did not want to make a big deal of things, I know Alina was trying to fix it as best she knew how or could. She went to the manager right away and was making calls, but not getting resolutions except they did not know how to handle it.  @PPPJJ-GCVAB, I went from a balcony room to another balcony room. @SimGuy @sk8erguy1978, no I did not call security or get aggressive. I truly believe it was an honest mistake. They were not English speakers and also looked a bit confused. I also think Alina did what she could; manager not so much. It really has been issue after issue this cruise, but still trying to stay positive. Lessons in patience and gratitude for all else.  @Allen2, you are right. I did mean to go to the Diamond concierge today but totally forgot. I don’t want to complain, but more explain what happened. 

3 hours ago, Adriana said:

, no I did not call security or get aggressive.

I didn't mean in an aggressive manner, but that's their job to assist in these situations. They should have been able to show them where their correct cabin is located. Heck, now that I think of it, ask to see their set sail pass and take them yourself LOL. I've witnessed security help some very drunk individuals back to their cabins, this should have been easy 🙂.

I don't think Guest Services handled the situation correctly, in my opinion, from what I've read. I understand the initial GS person (Alina?) tried to help and ask around, including her manager, all who basically shrugged shoulders. I put the "fault" on those she was asking for help and the "eh, just let them have your room, take this one" attitude / solution. It just doesn't sit right with me. As you've said, you knew where they were and at the very least, you know where they'll be coming back to, solution seems obvious to me. 

I do agree with you, honest mistake on their part. Anthem is a big ship and some hallways can cause you to lose your bearings, especially on day one. I'm glad the new room is comparable and you're happy. That's what's most important, the rest is just a bunch of strangers on the internet (like me 😀) Monday morning quarterbacking what we'd do in your shoes. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and the evening! It's Friday night and you're on a cruise! 

Oh my. So, I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to explain some of the issues with the Diamond concierge. I started simply by asking about the Key luggage tags, that I received a letter about the tags, but not the tags and if I need to pick them up somewhere. He brusquely told me to just wait and I will get them. Okay, so they will they be in my room? “ Wait. You will get them.” Okay, thank you. I then began to explain what happened with my cabin and that since is my first time as Diamond, I was so excited to see the paperwork and the other things that we get. He told me it was in my cabin. I explained again that a family was in my cabin and I had to be moved (he did not care about that issue) and received nothing, was only able to go find my luggage, did not get anything. He was not phased. He took out a letter explaining the benefits and said as I was so late, no point in giving me the invitations to the top tier events as I missed it. I apologized for not coming sooner ( I actually felt bad at this point). I asked if that was it, nothing else with starting Diamond? I thought there was a pin or chef gift (just excited about the little things, I am a dork that way), so asked if there was anything else. He said just the letter at this point. At this point I felt bad for going, his tone seemed like I was bothering him, so I just thanked him and left. @WAAAYTOOO, @karl_nj, @Ampurp85, @Allen2 @sk8erguy1978@SimGuy 

@Pattycruise And everyone, thank you for the encouragement! I tried, but doesn’t seem to be my cruise. All good, grateful for the positive parts. 

@Adriana you have a very high tolerance meter that I'm sure I don't have. You definitely set the bar high for the grace under pressure. Hats off to you. With all that had gone on the Diamond Manager would have been the straw that broke the camels back for me. He would have taken a full brunt of righteous anger; controlled but angry. I can't even imagine how much you have spent to become a Diamond... 😠

11 hours ago, Adriana said:

Oh my. So, I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to explain some of the issues with the Diamond concierge...At this point I felt bad for going, his tone seemed like I was bothering him, so I just thanked him and left.

Wow... well at least you tried.  If you don't end up getting your diamond pin this time around, you can ask at the C&A desk on your next cruise and they will give it to you. 

Now you don't need to feel bad about giving any scores less than "10" on the survey.

22 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I would have said, not my problem. Just like I pay extra to choose a specific seat in a plane, I purposely choose my cabin. I wouldn't have accepted anything but the cabin I booked. I would have escalated it to GS Supervisor, then social media blasts, etc while standing in MY cabin, calling security to kick them out.

That's me. I am known to overreact at times. I physically feel it now for you. You're better than me for handling it so well.

Still take the previous advice and reach out as well as social blasts. Personally feel you're owed a little compensation, even if it's just a bottle of wine and a relaxing meal at a specialty restaurant. 

I am so sorry this happened. I hope the rest of your cruise is enjoyable. 

This is NOT an over reaction

1 hour ago, Adriana said:

While he did make me feel badly about being there, I also got rather upset.  It did take a bit to keep graceful and politely smile and wish him a nice evening.

This guy sounds like a DL concierge I crossed paths with on Harmony back in 2016. At that time, I was still Emerald but my SIL, who was Diamond, needed some assistance and asked me to come with her into the lounge to translate, since she only speaks Portuguese.

He wouldn't even let me finish my first sentence without interrupting to ask for our cards and as soon as he saw mine he just about had a fit. You'd think I'd committed a mortal sin, daring to step into the hallowed ground of his D lounge as a lowly Emerald. Of course, by this time, everyone in the lounge is looking to see what's going on and eventually I lost my patience and interrupted his rant to say loudly enough for everyone to hear, "If you speak Portuguese and can help my sister-in-law without a translator, I'll leave immediately. Do you?" And that finally took the wind out of his sails.

I'm happy to say that since becoming Diamond, I've never again encountered poor service from the concierge but my experience shows that you're not alone. And he definitely deserves a negative mention on your questionnaire along with all the others who failed you.

Look at leaving negative feedback not as a slam on the ship or a crew member, but a way to help save future passengers from going through the same problems. And for you the problems were way too many for one person. And rude attitude should not be tolerated. I think we all here are 100% confident that you did nothing to provoke or warrant that kind of response. 

@Adriana i am hoping your disembarkation goes smoothly. i know the bar is set high at this point -- not because we're asking for the impossible (although.... are we?? 😅) -- but because every time i think your experience can't get worse, it seemingly... does.

hope your key breakfast was tasty, and that service was speedy. also sending positive thoughts bc the marathon is today and there's no telling what that will do from a logistics standpoint.

in any case, i hope this cruise becomes the new 'low' benchmark for you. not that we want you to have that, but that every cruise from here on out simply gets better and far surpasses your frustrating and terrible experience aboard this time around. you are always a sunny personality here and have navigated this with much grace and kindness; even when you are frustrated, it is always warranted and yet you still did not unravel and treat the people around you badly -- which is impressive, given just HOW insane this trip got.

i am choosing to hope and believe that your (admirable) self control and outstanding ability to keep perspective will be rewarded. 💚 if not on this cruise, definitely on the next one!

@Adriana You are way too kind.  If I am interpreting your experience correctly, then heads need to roll for the treatment you experienced.  Every manager who failed to help you needs to be named on your survey, and your experience described on the survey, just as you described it here.  It's additionally shocking that you're receiving such bad treatment as a Diamond member.  Even the bottom tier passengers should not experience such apathetic customer service.

Back on dry land!! I never thought I would be relieved to be done with a cruise! Just when I thought I got through the worst of it, I got food poisoning. Ugh! I spent most of the day in my cabin yesterday and had a really nasty night. At one point, the cabin steward came in, saw I was in bed and left. His cologne got me all the sicker. At around 9pm, I took out my luggage, he saw me and told me I have been sleeping. Yes, thank you, I know. He said I told him to make up my room but I was sleeping (I don’t recall that, but all good). “Yes, I have been in bed, I feel very sick after lunch.” His response? You gotta laugh! “Oh, okay, but you like me service?” Yes, it is fine. “Then, you are fine? Have a great night.” No, I am really sick, but thank you, you have a peaceful night. The door then closed and locked me out of my cabin. Siiigh. 
   @asquared17, nope, no tasty breakfast. I don’t think I ever want to eat again. Still feeling the food poisoning effects, so being a bit dramatic now.

After the cruise, I drove up to MA to visit the Shrine of Divine Mercy. A couple days here should heal that cruise! At least ask for forgiveness for whatever I did to deserve that comedy of errors!! 🤣

A number of responses have mentioned using the survey. I do believe that positives on the survey serve those who you point out or areas you praise. But, they totally ignore negatives especially where it deals with your experience on the cruise. They will appease you on a call, but it still generates nada in response.

Just under ten weeks to Odyssey and excited to experience her as well as our first visits to Labadee, Aruba and Curacao. 

@Neesa, thank you!! I feel miserable, but laughing about the situation helps! I literally get nauseous  when I think about the cruise or check the website for future cruises. It will pass, but for now, my body is trying to keep me on land! Haha! The funny, well ironic, part is that I went of the cruise to help decompress from serious complications from the first time I had COVID! All good, all good. Definitely a story to laugh at one day.