Unlimited dining changes

Micheleq

2 hours ago, KBrad said:

Ashley, can you call ahead and get carry out? Specifically asking for sushi restaurant. Thank you

I have never called, but I have done takeout. I always made a reservation though so the kitchen could plan accordingly. Some of the smaller ships that only have a sushi bar and limited first come first serve seating will offer the takeout option if they are already fully seated.

43 minutes ago, NoobCruise said:

Can we have $20 early lunch at playmakers and then a $20 late lunch at mason jar or port side bbq?

Mason jar is a fixed price menu for brunch and dinner so the $20 wouldn't apply. It may apply to the late night bites menu though. It's not clear if the $20 is per restaurant or total throughout the day. It also isn't clear if you can spend $10 in a visit and go back and use the other $10.  Im sure until those things are cleared up in the terms the ships will all handle it in a different manner as per usual.

1 hour ago, NoobCruise said:

Thanks for the response. Another question is the $20 al la carte per person or per state room. So if my wife and I went to playmakers and I only ordered wings & whatever for less than $20. Would she be able to go to another al la carte restaurant for lunch and order her $20?

It's definitely per person, not per state room.

On 11/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, NoobCruise said:

Thanks for the response. Another question is the $20 al la carte per person or per state room. So if my wife and I went to playmakers and I only ordered wings & whatever for less than $20. Would she be able to go to another al la carte restaurant for lunch and order her $20?

@Matt got clarification on this even further.  It's up to $20 per visit with the package and you can only visit each ala carte venue once a day.  So if you ordered wings at Playmakers and that's it and then went back later that evening looking to spend the rest of that $20, it will show in the system you already visited on the dining package.  You could go visit Portside BBQ that same day and spend another $20, just can't go back to Playmakers

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

@Matt got clarification on this even further.  It's up to $20 per visit with the package and you can only visit each ala carte venue once a day.  So if you ordered wings at Playmakers and that's it and then went back later that evening looking to spend the rest of that $20, it will show in the system you already visited on the dining package.  You could go visit Portside BBQ that same day and spend another $20, just can't go back to Playmakers

So glad we finally got confirmation on this.  I hope all ships implement it that way.  You know how some ships make their own rules like the higher charge for the premiere combo at Izumi Hibachi that has never been on official Royal promotions and documentation.

I would ask at the venue once you're onboard. There seems to be room for some discretion on the part of the people ringing you up depending on the ship and crew.

Also, while Izumi is a la carte, they have a prix fixe option that is covered by dining packages. The normal cost is $34.99. You get the miso soup and you can pick a small plate, two large plates, and dessert. So don't think you are limited to $20.

Edited by mistertomatohead