RC removing all* testing for US sailings as of Nov 2

7 hours ago, Oli82 said:

I'm on the Barcelona to Barbados cruise leaving next Tuesday. Confusingly my travel agent has emailed to say that no test is required. Yet I'm certain that on the RC website it is very clear that for transatlantic cruises leaving from Europe a test is still required. I paid 60 euros yesterday for a test for my wife and I. That's non-refundable.

I think the travel agent is just confused - which is unfortunate as presumably many others will now not bother to get a test that they are required to take.

I really hope the test results are checked - nothing is more infuriating than paying a lot for tests only to have the relevant company not even ask to see it! That happened throughout the pandemic for me.

I’d follow the website as well.  I ditched my TA who did not know how to interpret directions.  in the end if she’s wrong about your need to test there’s nothing she can do to help you!
Enjoy your cruise.  

On 11/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, smokeybandit said:

Testing
Effective November 2, 2022, all travelers on U.S. sailings — regardless of vaccination status — will no longer require pre-departure testing (excludes sailings to Colombia, Haiti, & Honduras).

*Exceptions...

For Cruises from the U.S. and Caribbean with stops in Colombia, Haiti, or Honduras

• Guests age 12 and up who are not fully vaccinated have 3 days to take a test before their cruise, regardless the duration of the cruise.
  • Guests under the age of 12 do not have any testing requirements.

This is added testing to those going to Panama Canal - Columbia- 

we were having to test only because our cruise was longer than 12 days ( or whatever that guideline was..) but now it matters not the length but port of calls? 

For our cruise in April we can only hope this changes again. 

On 11/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, Jonesy said:

Is Royal Caribbean really considering you to be fully vaccinated when you've had your two Pfizer shots a year ago?  Boosters are not a requirement to be considered fully vaccinated?  Or is there a risk of encountering a port worker troll who is determined to make fully vaccinated mean having all available booster shots?  I've had a really bad encounter with a rogue worker at the FLL port so I'm overly cautious when it comes to sailing with RC.

Boosters are asked about in prescreening but not considered as part of being "vaccinated"

On 11/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, asquared17 said:

i could be wrong, but i don’t think they ask if you’re vaxxed or not at a port of call. 

it’s mostly the honor system as you check in before boarding the first time. i suppose you could technically claim that you are, if you aren’t, since they aren’t asking for vax cards last i heard. 

Concur.  In Barcelona on 27 October we were asked if vaccinated and when we had our last shot.  We had our passport holder with CDC cards open, but agent didn't ask to look at them.  

Never were asked at a port of call.

On 11/16/2022 at 2:02 PM, RCVirgin22 said:

So even if you do not plan to get off the ship in those specific ports, you essentially cannot book the Cruise at all?

From what I understand, those ports require a negative test before boarding. So if you book a cruise that has specific ports with protocols - negative test required or you don’t sail. Otherwise if the port doesn’t care, no testing needed. 

I may be a complete dummy but just to verify my wife and I are going to be taking Enchantment of the Seas Jan 26th.  The itinerary is Ports of Baltimore, MD then Port Canaveral, FL then CoCo Cay and finishing in Nassau.  As I understand the current policy my wife and I do not need to get pre tested(both are vaxxed) to board.  No stops in Colombia so based on their policy if I understand it correctly, I should be good??

Has anyone had any issues getting into places in Nassau recently without a recent Covid test?

Thank you in advance!

17 hours ago, jwoods703 said:

I may be a complete dummy but just to verify my wife and I are going to be taking Enchantment of the Seas Jan 26th.  The itinerary is Ports of Baltimore, MD then Port Canaveral, FL then CoCo Cay and finishing in Nassau.  As I understand the current policy my wife and I do not need to get pre tested(both are vaxxed) to board.  No stops in Colombia so based on their policy if I understand it correctly, I should be good??

Has anyone had any issues getting into places in Nassau recently without a recent Covid test?

Thank you in advance!

Correct. No test required.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Colombia no longer appears in the pre-cruise testing section

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

You just made my day !!  We had been worrying that we may have to cancel our Rhapsody Panama Canal cruises but now it looks like we're good-to-go !!

No vax requirements either, right ?