Forced to get off in Miami

Al Miller

Ok!!! I am on the same cruise with you. My plan was to take the air boat but I had to cancel it because I don't know when the immigration check in will be completed. We ended up finished everything at 10:30 am which was really late. My mother inlaw was not want to get off the ship for Miami. So she had to wait for all this crazy situation. She ended up waiting for 3+ hours. By the way she is 73 years old. She also had to stand on her feet for a long while before Royal decided to get the chairs for everyone. We came back to the ship about 2:30 or 3 not remembering exactly and my MIL said she just got done with immigration not that long ago. That's not a great experience. 

On 11/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

You just have to go through immigration - you can get back onto the ship after that.  Nobody said you have to go into town and find something to do.   Personally, for me, it's just not that big of a deal (and it has happened to me).  On our last Canada sailing we had to go through immigration before stopping in Portland (which was our last port).  They did do it on the ship, but we did have to go through it.  It just wasn't that big of a deal. It went very quickly.

It was not about go through immigration. It was about have to wait for 5 hours to get back on the ship for some people. My MIL had to wait 3+ hours to get back on the ship and she is 73.