How to book Ifly

Amanda0417

With Covid Royal has stopped prebooking in the cruise planner, but some folks are reporting that it is coming back. Keep checking your planner so if it opens up you can grab a spot. Last Summer on Ovation we booked IFLY immediately upon boarding on the Royal App. Totally exceeded expectations, and I don't love heights any more. Not sure I would pay for it though, the pay experience is twice as long. We really felt like the free flying time as a novice was just right. We are very active 50 Y.O. and we fatiguing towards the end.  They tell you to leave everything in a locker, but if you have a partner bring the phone to take pictures. Royal does take a good shot of you but you must pay for it. Have a great cruise!

Welcome Amanda! 

When we sailed Odyssey in January, iFly was only available to book once on board and connected to the ship's WiFi.

Worth noting is that all available slots for the duration of the cruise may not be listed right away. Some items that require reservations have times become available as the cruise progresses. We found this out when trying to reserve the Swashbuckler VR experience.

(For example, a cruise that leaves on Saturday might not have Thursday reservations available to book until Monday or Tuesday)

As of this morning, for my December Odyssey sailing, it allows you book RipCord by iFly for $29 pp. Showing you can reserve on day 2 and 6, both which are Sea days for me on this cruise. I read somewhere you can do a free test run in it for 60 seconds if you've never done it before, but I have no clue if that's true. This will be the first time I've seen it in person.

I made a reservation once we boarded Odyssey and then I remembered that my sneakers were in my luggage so I wasn't able to take advantage of a free opening on the first day. So if you are thinking of taking advantage on embarkation day remember to wear you closed shoes.