Crown & Anchor Top Tier Event

TessOR

Has anyone been to a "Crown & Anchor Top Tier Event" lately?  When we first started cruising I remember showing up for a few of these event items.  Captains Meet and Greet, etc.  They seemed to be basically a crowded room where you could have a little hors d'oeuvre and a drink on Royal.  Sometimes there was an opportunity for some Q&A about upcoming Royal news.  I haven't been to one in years, and not since making it to Diamond level at all. 

Are they the same as I remember?  We have missed cruising these past few years and feel a bit like a newbie again, anxiously perusing the app and wanting to do it all!

Not the same. The Captain, CD and Loyalty Ambassador with maybe one or two others (hotel director, I think) on stage telling you a bit about what they do and thanking you for your loyalty, the passenger numbers for the different tiers, recognition certificates for new pins and for the cruiser with the highest number of points.

Maybe a performance of a song or musical piece and/or a video. Hors d'oeuvres are long gone. 

23 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Not the same. The Captain, CD and Loyalty Ambassador with maybe one or two others (hotel director, I think) on stage telling you a bit about what they do and thanking you for your loyalty, the passenger numbers for the different tiers, recognition certificates for new pins and for the cruiser with the highest number of points.

Maybe a performance of a song or musical piece and/or a video. Hors d'oeuvres are long gone. 

This - plus a free glass of champagne.

On the Liberty in September, this was the first one we went to in a while, it was as described above but they also did an ice performance...it was held in the rink...and when we went to the ice show later in the week what they did at the TTE was different and entertaining. Probably lasted about 15 minutes, perhaps longer.

I always make a point to go to Top Tier events on the principle that Royal Caribbean is saying thank you and I want to make sure I attend to show I appreciate C&A events being put on for us.

If you don't have a drink package, there's free drinks to enjoy.  Even if you do have a drink package, it's an opportunity to hear from the ship's staff. Maybe you see an officer you didn't know was onboard, or perhaps you see a guest that you haven't seen in a while.

But I think it's important to attend otherwise I fear they'll roll back these sort of customer loyalty perks because of poor attendance.

The last few on Oasis were held in the theater. As we entered, the officers including the captain and the cruise director were lined up and greeted everyone. Exchanged a few pleasantries. Lots of sparkling wine, mimosas etc. The orchestra was performing on stage. Then the cruise director, the captain and the hotel director gave a few words on stage. The new Pinnacles and those reaching milestones along with the most points were recognized and photos were taken. Pretty well attended. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

But I think it's important to attend otherwise I fear they'll roll back these sort of customer loyalty perks because of poor attendance.

OTOH, if no one cares to attend, perhaps RCCL should cancel them. 

Having said that, I typically go. It's a relaxed event with a free drink so why not? 

16 minutes ago, Lugnut said:

Having said that, I typically go. It's a relaxed event with a free drink so why not? 

We go for the free drink, since we don't get the drink package, it's a nice perk for an hour of our time.

17 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I went to my first, and last, one on Navigator this past Sept. It was in the theater, I had 3 mimosas and a laugh. 

43 minutes ago, Lugnut said:

36 minutes ago, Srp431 said:

We go for the free drink, since we don't get the drink package, it's a nice perk for an hour of our time.

So what I am feeling is that most people are willing to exchange an hour of their time for a buzz lol

We attended our first Top tier event earlier this Summer and enjoyed it.   It was nice to meet the officers and I was able to chat with the LA after the event. 

We would have gone sooner but the top tier events were scaled back and didn't include the lower tiers or cancelled due to COVID. 

Truth be told anything on the ship is a way to past the time, I love to people watch. These events aren't really for mingling per se but definitely a good people watch. Meeting officers/crew and seeing a sneak peak of something is also okay.

On Nav, there were quite a few people who kept mentioning their status. Like "I am D or D+, is there"      " drink for people of that status?" I was laughing. There was one lady in my row who wanted more drinks and instead of just asking, she kept saying "D+ here, rum punch.... D+ mimosa, D+ champagne......." I would attend just for the laughs.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:13 AM, Matt said:

I always make a point to go to Top Tier events on the principle that Royal Caribbean is saying thank you and I want to make sure I attend to show I appreciate C&A events being put on for us………..

For a lot of very nice folks, these events add a lot to their cruise experience.  They know the captains, cruise directors, etc.  Having spent more time in receiving lines than I wish to remember, I doubt that they are a lot of fun for the staff - week after week.  Nonetheless, attend if that floats your boat.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...