Booking double sailing single

Brett_FL

Looking at a short cruise in December that my other half is iffy on being able to go. Right now if I book single and try to book a suite it’s $2500 but if I book double it’s like $2200 but there’s also the suite guarantee option of $1524 that’s not even popping up on the single mock booking.  If I book the double guarantee and show up at the port to board without my wife what obstacles will I run into if any.  I know I’ve showed up at the port and boarded alone in the past and my wife came later without issue but that’s been many years ago and on CCL.   Thanks. 

22 hours ago, Brett_FL said:

I’ve showed up at the port and boarded alone in the past and my wife came later without issue but that’s been many years ago and on CCL.

You won't get the extra Crown & Anchor point per night unless you book solo to begin with, but doing a no-show isn't an issue. They refund the other person's port fee and taxes after the sailing. 

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

You won't get the extra Crown & Anchor point per night unless you book solo to begin with, but doing a no-show isn't an issue.

You're not guaranteed to get the double points, but you still might.  The one time I did a no show I did end up getting double points after the cruise, even though the loyalty ambassador told me I wouldn't after she contacted corporate a few times to try for me.