Confused and Worried, gratuities on included meals??? Anthem 11/13/22

Tia

Hello,

I am about to travel, and I was looking over the restaurants again and now I notice that at the bottom of the page of Main Dining Room, the Solarium and CafeTwo70, each shows that an 18% tip will be added. I am confused and on low income, I have budgeted every penny. If I have to add tips to all meals then I can't even afford this trip. Can anyone help me understand if this is correct? Maybe someone who traveled very recently? Thank you so much.

2 hours ago, Tia said:

Hello,

I am about to travel, and I was looking over the restaurants again and now I notice that at the bottom of the page of Main Dining Room, the Solarium and CafeTwo70, each shows that an 18% tip will be added. I am confused and on low income, I have budgeted every penny. If I have to add tips to all meals then I can't even afford this trip. Can anyone help me understand if this is correct? Maybe someone who traveled very recently? Thank you so much.

Do you know about the daily auto gratuities? Or maybe paid them upfront? Or is this also new information? I only ask because you did not mention it in your post.

Oh wow you're all amazing! Thank you for the info! Ok, phew!!!!! I was like wait, what bill do you get in main dining? lol. So, I was confused. But I suppose yes if you order the lobster then you pay the 18%.

And yes I know about the daily gratuities. It seems the same for each cruise I've been on. In the old days you paid it at the end of the trip and would leave cash in an envelope. But I prepaid my gratuities. You can pay while you book the cruise, or call later and add it before the trip, or pay at end of cruise with the money you put on your seapass.

Thank you again everyone, 18% of zero dollars for food lol LOVE IT!

27 minutes ago, Tia said:

Oh wow you're all amazing! Thank you for the info! Ok, phew!!!!! I was like wait, what bill do you get in main dining? lol. So, I was confused. But I suppose yes if you order the lobster then you pay the 18%.

And yes I know about the daily gratuities. It seems the same for each cruise I've been on. In the old days you paid it at the end of the trip and would leave cash in an envelope. But I prepaid my gratuities. You can pay while you book the cruise, or call later and add it before the trip, or pay at end of cruise with the money you put on your seapass.

Thank you again everyone, 18% of zero dollars for food lol LOVE IT!

Just a note @Tia there is generally a lobster night on one night of the sailing, at least for 7 days or longer there is.  The lobster you would pay extra for is when it is the "premium" on any other night.  Enjoy one or two with some yummy garlic butter 🙂

12 minutes ago, TessOR said:

Just a note @Tia there is generally a lobster night on one night of the sailing, at least for 7 days or longer there is.  The lobster you would pay extra for is when it is the "premium" on any other night.  Enjoy one or two with some yummy garlic butter 🙂

Oooooh really? Ok, great to know! I will keep a lookout! lol. YUM!!! Thank you! 🙂

3 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Remember, the lobster you get on lobster night is a warm water lobster.  The premium lobster is usually a cold water lobster.  For us snobs in the NE, we can taste the difference. Having said that, any lobster that can be soaked in warm garlic butter tastes great!!

haha good to know! And yes, I will bathe it in butter LOL Thank you!!

7 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Remember, the lobster you get on lobster night is a warm water lobster.  The premium lobster is usually a cold water lobster.  For us snobs in the NE, we can taste the difference. Having said that, any lobster that can be soaked in warm garlic butter tastes great!!

This is great. Now I have a valid reason to give my wife when I go for the up-charge. 🙌🏻🤣

14 hours ago, ZBrady said:

This is great. Now I have a valid reason to give my wife when I go for the up-charge. 🙌🏻🤣

Get one of each so you an compare the lobster.  Wait, don't do that.  If you can taste the difference, you will never go back to warm water lobsters.  Your wife will kill me.