Booking shows before cruise is back??

ScottD

Okay...this thread brings an ancillary issue to mind.

On the Crown & Anchor portion of the RCCL website, it shows that Diamond plus and Pinnacle members get this benefit:

"Priority access and seating at theater, ice show and AquaTheater events"

How does this fit in with the reservation system.  For example, I am Diamond Plus...Do I still need those reservations...or is this trumped by the D+ benefit?

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I like to watch from each location.  The show is very different from those different seats.

I have been wondering about this. This is our first time in an ATS (deck eight) and we are excited to watch the show from our deck but we aren’t sure how it compares to watching in front row seats. My initial thoughts are to have our genie reserve seats in the theatre so we can experience both.  

46 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Okay...this thread brings an ancillary issue to mind.

On the Crown & Anchor portion of the RCCL website, it shows that Diamond plus and Pinnacle members get this benefit:

"Priority access and seating at theater, ice show and AquaTheater events"

How does this fit in with the reservation system.  For example, I am Diamond Plus...Do I still need those reservations...or is this trumped by the D+ benefit?

Yes, the reservation is to ensure a seat. The priority access will be seats in what they deem a good area. So it's usually in the balcony on most ships. But also you would be able to access the venues beforehand. 

14 hours ago, billdauterive said:

Nothing available yet for Feb Allure.  I'm curious if they open it up within a certain time frame of sailing date (within 60 days?), or if this is just a trial run for specific sailings.

It's starting to look like it may just be the holiday cruises in Dec\early January as of now. 

I want to point out to people saying they cannot book anything for Jan crusies. The booking options precovid opened up around 30-45 days before the sailings, so those of us with crusies in Jan, shouldn't have the option to prebook. Meaning because you can't in Jan, doesn't mean you won't be able to. 

However, given that my Odyssey and Harmony sailings are happening in less than 2 weeks and I can't book anything is fustrating. That inconsistency is really annoying.