Booking shows before cruise is back??

ScottD

So according to quite a few FB posts, people are suddenly able to book shows in advance of their cruise on the website planner. Seems to be only the Oasis class ships, but people cruising as far out as late December have been able to book shows. Make sure you start checking the planner- my cruise in late January on Oasis still just says they are working on it, but does have a note mentioning all of the Oasis class ships being able to do this.  (Wonder isn't mentioned, but people have reported booking shows for that ship, also) 

17 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

So, it looks like this feature is temporary for the Holiday sailings. 

I hope not.  I'm hoping that as I get closer to the next one it appears for that as well.  Either way, this pleases me both to know the times when they are and to have the bookings.  One less thing to have to manage on boarding day

Yes, reservations are available for our 12-18 and 12-22 sailings on OA.  I've convinced Dan to try Cats onnnnneee more time.  We haven't tried Cats since they changed it and shortened it.  He insists that we sit on the aisle though...just in case he has to make a run for it in the middle !!

12 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

w00t!!... booked my Aqua and Ice shows for Dec 11 Oasis of the Seas sailing. No comedians or other headliner yet. 

WILL NOT SIT through CATS again.

If you got the $10k in cash @Xaameet me at the terminal and then I will show you pics when I get back.

Your will is weaker than Pysco and Barb @Jolly Ogre. 🙂

1 hour ago, NotPayinExtra said:

Without a cruise compass from the previous week or anything as a guide. What formula do you use to pick days and times? I mean we have early 515 seating, but what helps you decide what day & night to pick something etc? 

You can use the app to find out when all of the shows, trivia, music are scheduled once you're on the ship.  It takes a little time to get used to, but being able to add them to your calendar (where you'll get a notification an hour before they begin) can be pretty handy.

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Update. I can now book shows for my Symphony 12/31/22 sailing. Has to be done in the cruise planner. App shows nothing.

Excellent point of clarification.  I should have mentioned the fact that I was able to book online through the Cruise Planner.  I never use the app so it didn't occur to me to make that distinction !

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Unless things have changed, performance events (theater, etc.) have never been pre-reservable (no such word, my spellcheck tells me) on NAV.  I'm surprised that it would be listed among the ships that have pre-boarding reservations.  Maybe they are changing that ?

Surprised me as well.  This is showing on cruise planner for my Harmony upcoming cruise.

image.thumb.png.2d48ec3b22a93f1b690824f44b4f239b.png

I was on Navigator this past June...NO shows were available to reserve--ever.

I have three upcoming cruises on RCCL--Navigator in January, Symphony in April and Quantum in August...The first two are on that list...but, as of now, NONE of my cruises show any ability to reserve entertainment.

All a little frustrating since, as a default, I always reserve 7:00 dining slots every night as soon as I can do so...since those 7:00 slots fill up fast...and I have those booked for every cruise already.  If I can't book shows to fit in that schedule, I'll have to rearrange those dining slots...or just ignore them and show up at the MDR whenever.

As to Cats, I'm sort of forcd to see that at least once coming up.  We have season tickets to our local Theater that has an annual schedule of touring companies...and Cats is on the schedule this year...again.  And my deal with my wife is that I attend all the plays and she attends all of my college football games.

So, on my 2023 cruises, I get Hairspray on Symphony...and no Broadway shows on Navigator and Quantum, correct?

19 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

So, on my 2023 cruises, I get Hairspray on Symphony...and no Broadway shows on Navigator and Quantum, correct?

Quantum has 2 productions in the Theater: Sonic Odyssey and Sequins and Feathers. They also have Starwater in 270. So no Broadway shows, but great entertainment (in my opinion).

4 hours ago, TessOR said:

Well, Navigator is on the list, but we are 10 days out and the shows are still not showing in the app for us.  I am seeing more added to the planner each day though so it keeps me coming back to check 🙂 

Anthem is on the list too & i am 12 days out from my sailing - no entertainment for me yet 😞 maybe as mentioned its a December holiday sailing thing