Reserving Shows Pre-Cruise Back?

I just checked and I would be able to reserve seats for Cats, Frozen in Time and the Aqua Theater shows for both of my Oasis cruises in Dec (18-22 and 22-29). I hadn’t even looked at entertainment reservations before now b/c they hadn’t been available to book but they are now !  We are SC so no need to book ahead of time but it does appear that booking is back on again ! At least, for Oasis !

35 minutes ago, BowTieBrigade said:

Jeez, at least have a consistent policy, Royal

I think they are attempting to switch back  to the prepandemic way of booking entertainment. I imagine it was easier for them when we booked from home rather than everyone figuring it out once they boarded. 

I actually didn’t mind the onboard booking because I could see the daily planner and figure out the entertainment  reservations around the onboard activities.  Additionally it was easy to look at the upcoming weather to try to figure out the best night for the Aqua show.  

it’ll be interesting to see if they go back to the old way for good. I know a lot of people still expect to book reservations from home. 

11 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I think they are attempting to switch back  to the prepandemic way of booking entertainment. I imagine it was easier for them when we booked from home rather than everyone figuring it out once they boarded. 

I actually didn’t mind the onboard booking because I could see the daily planner and figure out the entertainment  reservations around the onboard activities.  Additionally it was easy to look at the upcoming weather to try to figure out the best night for the Aqua show.  

it’ll be interesting to see if they go back to the old way for good. I know a lot of people still expect to book reservations from home. 

I imagine so, but didn’t they just announce a month ago that they weren’t doing that ?

Unable to book for Wonder in JAN 2023, but the Cruise Planner does state you can reserve before you board for the listed ships (Allure, Anthem, Harmony, Navigator, Oasis, Odyssey, Ovation, and Symphony) closer to sail date... we'll have to keep checking so we don't miss out in case they add Wonder!

image.thumb.png.dd690fc56703354d6c88dc04e6c996f2.png

4 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Unable to book for Wonder in JAN 2023, but the Cruise Planner does state you can reserve before you board for the listed ships (Allure, Anthem, Harmony, Navigator, Oasis, Odyssey, Ovation, and Symphony) closer to sail date... we'll have to keep checking so we don't miss out in case they add Wonder!

image.thumb.png.dd690fc56703354d6c88dc04e6c996f2.png

Someone on a Christmas cruise aboard Wonder said they did it, they are actually the first ones I saw to post it on the FB boards. 

I recall reading that Royal would NOT be bringing back the 30 days beforehand booking on Oasis and Quantum class ships. It was a covid casualty, that wording about being able to book entertainment is a left-over factoid. This looks like it is only a thing for the Holiday/Christmas sailings. So, the fact that isn't available on my Nov Odyssey or Jan Oasis, proves it might be just that.

27 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I recall reading that Royal would NOT be bringing back the 30 days beforehand booking on Oasis and Quantum class ships. It was a covid casualty, that wording about being able to book entertainment is a left-over factoid. This looks like it is only a thing for the Holiday/Christmas sailings. So, the fact that isn't available on my Nov Odyssey or Jan Oasis, proves it might be just that.

This stinks. It totally adds up. I hate that Royal confuses us and gets us excited for nothing. Hope your wrong, but doubt it. ☹️

15 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just checked and I would be able to reserve seats for Cats, Frozen in Time and the Aqua Theater shows for both of my Oasis cruises in Dec (18-22 and 22-29). I hadn’t even looked at entertainment reservations before now b/c they hadn’t been available to book but they are now !  

I'm on that same 12/22 cruise and was able to make reservations last night. 

11 hours ago, BowTieBrigade said:

Jeez, at least have a consistent policy, Royal

10 hours ago, BowTieBrigade said:

I imagine so, but didn’t they just announce a month ago that they weren’t doing that ?

Couldn't agree more with you both.

In September they told travel agents they wouldn't bring back the option to prebook entertainment: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/09/28/royal-caribbean-updates-pre-booking-entertainment-hurricane-itinerary-changes-more

If they decided to bring it back, fine, but please bring it back for all ships. Having to explain it's available for some ships but not others is even more confusing.

This is frustrating as some people are saying they were able to do the Nov 19th sailing of Odyssey, but I see nothing for Nov 13th. Now the 19th is a Thanksgiving sailing, but I am also reading about early Dec sailings. I don't like the inconsistency, I would very much like to be wrong and hope I am able to book shows in 30 days beforehand.

I for one really liked the "you could not book until you got on board"

The major problem with the way they do it, in the App is even if you cancel a show ahead of time because you want to change it, you are lock out from re-booking so you have to go to guest services or see someone.

But just one more thing to make it difficult.

I have booked my shows for my Xmas sailing on Wonder.

This is the kind of thing Royal really needs to improve. Everyone running around happy about the change after they comment it's not going back this way. Now all left wondering if it's only a Christmas/December thing. What is there problem with communication? Just tell us already. Limited time booking online or not? 

I think to expect that Royal will stay status quo, because “they said so”,  is short sighted.  I’d imagine at the time they made that announcement it was the intention.  Obviously something has changed causing them to look at changes to that plan. 

perhaps these are test cases for what’s to come. Have they made announcements to book reservations now, for those sailings that seem to have that capability?  That’s where I would be disappointed, if I was on that sailing and had no communication as to the ability to “reserve now”  and get onboard and find I can’t get anything booked (doubtful but possible)

I wonder how this impacts those with a genie?  Do they hold back enough seats to accommodate them? How did it work pre/Covid?

I also wonder the impact to the reserved seating in the theater for key, Diamond?, Diamond plus, pinnacle and suite guests. Will that continue?  Did that exist preCovid?

2 hours ago, MarcBerger said:

interesting, for me on Nov 19th on Odyssey, still shows they are "putting the finishing touches on"

What I've seen is that it mainly seems like December sailings are getting this ability.  Your cruise over Thanksgiving week may be constrained by the number of passengers booked and proximity to the sailing.  I'd be interested to see if they open it up sooner to departure date.

Update- Tonight my app just added allowing you to add iFly, Ultimate Flowrider Experience and NorthStar Extended Experience as a reservation in the app. The NorthStar shows sold out, which is odd since they just added this today, but maybe it means something else. This is for my Odyssey December sailing. None of these options were available this morning, only the option to add reservations to one show in TWO70 and the Zone Zero activity.37ED3C20-E310-4C25-8C1F-9985D96D3ADC.thumb.png.1b584971d8c3ecd29662d5d41f34e404.png