Checking in for a "No Show"?

tnkrbl

I know you previously said you can book 2 people in a room and then report one as a "no show".  I have a couple of questions:  1) Do you have to check in that person on-line before physically checking in?  2) When do you report the person as a "no show' and to whom?  We are sailing the week of December 4.

Thank you!!!

17 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Will Royal Caribbean ever flag you for doing this repeatedly? I've always just booked it solo with the supplement, but have worried I'll get banned for booking a second person that "no shows" too frequently.

Hasn't happened to me. Remember, you're still paying for a second person, so you're short changing them.

Question: If you follow Matt's advice about booking for 2 when you know that 1 will not show up, what happens with the deluxe drink ?  My brother regularly cruises solo but he likes his deluxe beverage package (DBP).  The cruise planner won't let you purchase a DBP for just 1 in the room.  If he had purchase 2 DBP, would one get reimburse when the 2nd person is a no show? I am assuming that he would have to wait until he is on the ship to purchase the DBP - which could be at a higher price and remove the savings using Matt's hack. 

2 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Question: If you follow Matt's advice about booking for 2 when you know that 1 will not show up, what happens with the deluxe drink ?  My brother regularly cruises solo but he likes his deluxe beverage package (DBP).  The cruise planner won't let you purchase a DBP for just 1 in the room.  If he had purchase 2 DBP, would one get reimburse when the 2nd person is a no show? I am assuming that he would have to wait until he is on the ship to purchase the DBP - which could be at a higher price and remove the savings using Matt's hack. 

Yes - the no-show's package would be refunded if purchased pre-cruise. If you know for sure that the 2nd passenger isn't going, you could call RC to get the DBP for Passenger 1 and the Refreshment package for the no-show. (Significantly) less money tied up that way.

I booked a cruise for July 2023 just a couple of weeks ago.  Since I needed an adult with my 3 granddaughters (I booked my daughter and SIL in their own room) I listed my husband with the girls and I booked our room with just me in it.  The price for the room with just me listed is exactly the price of a room with 2 minus the taxes for that second person.  It is not priced higher.  Now I will earn double points 😉 and everyone will be happy.  Maybe different categories have different prices?   I have 5 OV Balconies in a row so we can open the dividers!

4 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I booked a cruise for July 2023 just a couple of weeks ago.  Since I needed an adult with my 3 granddaughters (I booked my daughter and SIL in their own room) I listed my husband with the girls and I booked our room with just me in it.  The price for the room with just me listed is exactly the price of a room with 2 minus the taxes for that second person.  It is not priced higher.  Now I will earn double points 😉 and everyone will be happy.  Maybe different categories have different prices?   I have 5 OV Balconies in a row so we can open the dividers!

I noticed something similar recently actually. My next 3 cruises, only one is outside final payment, but I had my TA double check prices with a mock booking with a second guest and it ends up being about the same (with the 2nd person's taxes refunded). Price was close enough that it wasn't worth the hassle of booking a fake passenger and refunding.

A sailing 9N sailing in June 2023 on Vision ended up cheaper booking an inside solo, but much more expensive solo in a JS.

18 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Question: If you follow Matt's advice about booking for 2 when you know that 1 will not show up, what happens with the deluxe drink ? 

In this scenario, I don't pre-purchase drink package.

Since I'm Diamond Plus, I get an onboard discount which comes out to more or less the same discount when prepurchased for two.

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 3:42 PM, Matt said:

More info: 

Your video mentions that you'll receive double C&A points for sailing solo of the 2nd cruiser doesn't show, but I've read reports online that you may not. The RC website says that you only get double points based on the original booking, but I'm really hoping to get the double points because I've paid for two and I'm fairly certain I'll be going solo. Are there any steps I can take or avoid to best ensure I'll get the double points without incurring additional costs? 

3 hours ago, jdesquire said:

The RC website says that you only get double points based on the original booking, but I'm really hoping to get the double points because I've paid for two and I'm fairly certain I'll be going solo. Are there any steps I can take or avoid to best ensure I'll get the double points without incurring additional costs? 

Unfortunately, no. If you don't drop the second passenger prior to sailing you won't get the double points. You call and ask if they will remove them but it may result in a reprice at the current rate, especially if you booked under a promo where the other passenger had a discount attached.

• 7 months later...

Hi a question,  I booked two rooms , one for my family and the other for my brothers family ( 2 adults and two kids) now Its an Icon of the sea cruise in 2024. My brother is getting devorsed,  so he is not coming. I've already paid the deposit,  so I changed 3 names to my girlfriends family.  I had to leave one original name of my brother's family in order to keep the price. Ofcourse this person from the original booking won't show up, Is it going to be a problem? Or its works as Solo traveler? Thanks

51 minutes ago, kristina said:

Hi a question,  I booked two rooms , one for my family and the other for my brothers family ( 2 adults and two kids) now Its an Icon of the sea cruise in 2024. My brother is getting devorsed,  so he is not coming. I've already paid the deposit,  so I changed 3 names to my girlfriends family.  I had to leave one original name of my brother's family in order to keep the price. Ofcourse this person from the original booking won't show up, Is it going to be a problem? Or its works as Solo traveler? Thanks

No it won't be a problem, you will get back port taxes and fees. 

17 hours ago, kristina said:

No shows do not give "solo traveler" status.  As stated, you will be reimbursed port fees and taxes for the no shows to the original form of payment

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, cruisin4uin said:

Can someone clarify ? On Royal Caribbean. If you have a no show do u report it at port or wait until your on board then repot the no show. I’m getting conflicting info…

I let the check in person at the pier know my spouse was not showing up for the cruise.
Later, when I was talking to a Guest Service agent about something unrelated I mentioned my spouse was not sailing and if I needed to do anything,
She informed me it was already noted in the system.
His port fees and taxes and dining started to be refunded to the original form of payment within the week I was onboard and completed being refunded within a few days post cruise.