MDR portions?

FManke

Can you order appetizer portions of entrees in the MDR?

I know this isn't possible with certain items like steak and such. Just wondering as it would be a great way to gat a taste of multiple items without all the waste. Sort of like create your own tapas.

I'm going to say sometimes. Often, though, they will just bring you the entree portion as it's easier for the kitchen staff to serve as it is very much assembly line style. For pasta dishes and such, this is easier to do.

Guest toodle68

First time I ever ate in the MDR I ask for just the meet from a dish and I got the whole plate. I guess it is just too much trouble when dealing with several thousand dishes.

First time I ever ate in the MDR I ask for just the meet from a dish and I got the whole plate. I guess it is just too much trouble when dealing with several thousand dishes.

This is exactly the reason. The plates are assembled pretty much assembly line style and it's easier for them to grab the whole meal.

This is exactly the reason. The plates are assembled pretty much assembly line style and it's easier for them to grab the whole meal.

I think it would be just as easy to plate half a portion, but if that's the way they do it. I agree about wasting food. I would like to try multiple items, but don't like the idea of only taking a bite or too, if I don't like it.

A couple more things to consider why you would NOT be wasting food. One, the MDR is not a scratch kitchen. They already planned on and prepared X amount of portions of your chosen entre' long before you arrived for dinner. Second, all the unused food gets fed to the fishes in the middle of the night.

So don't be bashful about ordering in the MDR. 

I believe you on the "they already prepared X amount before we all ordered". One night they started handing out extra scallops since they all didn't actually get ordered by anyone. I was stoked because I had some as an appetizer, and they were killer. But...the extras they brought weren't cooked through and through, so I only ate a couple.

I believe you on the "they already prepared X amount before we all ordered". One night they started handing out extra scallops since they all didn't actually get ordered by anyone. I was stoked because I had some as an appetizer, and they were killer. But...the extras they brought weren't cooked through and through, so I only ate a couple.

Wow....there's a "good news, bad news" story !