Hotel and Shuttle Suggestions for Rome

RebN

• 2 months later...

I stayed at Hotel Abruzzi directly across the street from the Pantheon.  It was modern and had air conditioning.  There were 3 of us and I do have a faulty memory but I believe we had a 1 bedroom.  The elevators are small.  We may have had to carry luggage up/down…and likely because we didn’t fit and wait times on the elevator. 

I was traveling with my elderly mom and recall picking this for as a place  to stay  due to location and size of room as well as a large shower (we travelled  with a shower chair for her)

I do not recall how we travelled to/from the port.   We did use a handicapped golf cart tour to see the sites in Rome.  It was expensive but the easiest way to get around other than my son pushing a wheelchair over those cobblestones!

I can't vouch for this hotel yet, but we're staying at The Tribune before our Greek Isles cruise this summer. We booked via points (36,000 for two nights). I've never had a bad experience while staying at a Hyatt! 

For a party of six, I think Dave's idea of a VRBO or Airbnb is smart! You could rent an apartment with multiple bedrooms and a kitchen. 

• 3 months later...