3rd & 4th Sail Free

When we booked our cruise we took advantage of the special offers they were running at the time......we have long since paid our invoice in full. Then just yesterday RCI pops on a $540.00 charge. Has anyone else had them mess around with your final total with only weeks to go until your cruise? Will be calling them this morning, but not looking forward to being shuffled around from person to person to find out why they are charging for 3rd & 4th persons----our two kids who were free when we booked back in November.

Anyone else have a story to share that is similar?

You would think running a promo like this would really cut the price of my 7 night cruise for the four of us coming up in Oct. Had my TA check and it didn't bring the price down more than just a few bucks but I would lose some on board credits so a net negative. I've never had one of these seemingly attractive promo's work to my advantage....I get the feeling they are thrown out there to stir up demand but deliver little change.

This is when a TA comes in handy!

Agreed.  

In this situation, I would call and ask to have the charge explained to you.  Sounds to me like an error, but you should call and ask about what happened and why.

B) RCI promptly corrected their error with adding on the fees for our children's (FREE 3rd/4th passengers) sail free promo.  Still never explained why they added on those fees after we had already confirmed our booking, and paid in full back in December 2016.  Just happy that our invoice balance is back to 00.00 owed.  Phew!!!!  Now just have to be prepared to pay the $300 for our four Visas when we sail on the 19th.   :o

Something similar happened to me today. I called in to pre-pay our gratuities. The phone rep mentioned that he saw a balance owed on one of our rooms for $300+. I had made some changes to our reservation a couple of days ago and paid the balance then - even had an emailed invoice showing the changes and Zero due. I told him I thought there was an error and I could even send them back the zero due invoice if they wanted. He put me on hold, came back and said they had straightened it out except for $50+. Nope, still not right. So he put me on hold again and then came back to say it was all fixed.

No idea what happened, but sure glad he happened to mention there was a balance owed showing. I think I'll print my invoices to bring with me ... just in case.