Harmony of the Seas November 26th 2022 and watching the World Cup

Greg R

I know this isn't everyone's thing, but I am a huge soccer fan and the World Cup is going on during my 8night November 26th to December 4th sailing.  The US team plays on the 29th, a sea day.  There is no playmakers on the ship so what is my next option where they may be showing games.  I know they show football on the big screen, any chance they may show soccer games, especially the US game.  I'm sure there must be at least a few other fans on the ship.  Anyone on the ship that I can ask to get it shown?

No one can reliably assure that it will be available on board.  TV rights for sporting events are all over the map as the league's seek to monetize sporting events.  

Professional sports are not really a sport anymore.  They are a business all about maximizing profit.   Sometimes a cruise ship in international water falls in the cracks of their attempt to profit from it.   Make no mistake, this all about money.  

I would agree with you about the leagues, and I have seen English Premier League games on cruises as recent as August.  This isn't a league though this is the World Cup and is being shown on Fox and FS1 same as football, so pretty sure it can be found by the ship if there is a place to watch.

As far as I can tell ESPN Caribbean does not have broadcast rights for the WC, which would be the only way the ship could be shown on the ship. In my experience I have been able to use a streaming service like YouTube TV to watch live TV through the ship's WiFi. The only issues I have run into is if I happen to be in a country where the broadcast is blacked out.

• 4 weeks later...