Should people living on a ship have special entitlements?

Dimension

I am just returning from a cruise where unfortunately I ran into my first negative passenger.  I have been sailing on Royal now for 7 sailings and have never had any issues with any other passengers. I have bumped into people that were drunk and we simply looked at each other apologized and moved on down the road. When I go up to a bar before I look around and ask if anyone was waiting for I did not want to cut the line. Anyways I have never had any issues with anyone drunk or sober on a cruise. I always try and be polite and ensure that I am following good etiquette when in a crowd of people.

Here is what took place on my last full day on my recent cruise. I was waiting in line at the Windjammer to grab myself a lunch hamburger and as we all know that section of the buffet is always crowded. Anyways, this older guy come walking up to the buns jumping the line ahead of everyone including pushing two children out of the way that I would say were around 10 or 12 years old. I look the guy in the face and asked him if he "was to good to wait in line like the rest of of us". He responds to me very sarcastically that he was and to "bite me". Now I know that I should not have said anything at all but cutting the line while pushing some kids out the way just rubbed me the wrong way. I responded back for him to simply move on and even called him sir. He turns around and I see him go to the end of the bar and call over the cook ask him for a fresh burger stopping the cook from finishing his job of restocking the burgers on the buffet. I ignore the guy and finish making my burger and ensured that I did not even in his general direction for to me this issue was over. I finished my round around all the buffets and then start to make my way to the table that my wife and friends were sitting at. On my way to the table I see the douchebag headed toward me and as he passes me smarts off again at me stating for me to go and do you know what with myself. Well that was all that it took to get my adrenaline pumping again. I stop and look at him and basically told him not to let his mouth write checks that his ass could not cash. Except that there were a couple of F-bombs dropped in there along with a few other choice words. It was at this point I guess the guy was getting nervous for he could tell I was pissed. I am in my late 40s and have been lifting weights for about the past 10 years so if I had to guess on this particular cruise I would have considered myself easily in the top 10% of the physically fit on board. The douchebag I would say was in his 60s or a little older but due to his all white head it was hard to really say his age. Getting back to my situation after basically stating that if he wanted a go I was down with, he then asks me if I want him to call security to which I responded "Yes, please do!" He then responds to me that "I live on this ship" and that basically security would side with him. I then told him that I did not care that he lived on the ship. After this exchange of words we stare at each other and after a moment and with nothing being said I turned around and continued to my table.

After this exchange took place I realized that this guy actually thinks that he is entitled to special privileges because he lives on the ship and should get special treatment. Unfortunately after this exchange I was no longer in the mood to enjoy my last day on the ship and went back to my room. I felt very frustrated with myself after reviewing this encounter over in my head for I did initiate this situation for making a comment when he jumped in line ahead of everyone else. Then what also frustrated me even more was that he actually believed that he deserved special treatment because he lived on the ship. Just to clarify the guy was not Mario.

Now my question to everyone here is if someone lives on a ship should they get special privileges over those that do not? As anyone can easily guess I do not care if someone lives on a ship or not and that they need to follow the same basic rules of etiquette that the rest of the passengers are following.

Rude people exist everywhere in life.  There are more people who are frequent cruisers who don't behave in this manner but you never notice them because they don't act this way.     

Don't assume he is an indication of other people who "live on the ship" for months at a time.  He is a jerk on the ship and most likely off the ship back at home too.  This is on him.  End of story.  

He does not live on the ship.  He might have been doing some B2B but you will find there are people on all cruise lines that think they are entitled.  I am 62 years old and have been on over 30 cruises and I am entitled to wait in line with everyone else, apologize when I make a mistake and cut un line, and be nice to everyone I can.

A sense of entitlement is common place in everyday life not just on cruiseships.

Some more mature people complain non stop about how the younger generation behave and have no manners, then go out and behave even worse due to their belief that the world owes them or that they are above everyone else simply because of where they stay or how much money they have in the bank. 

But it's not just the more mature that behave this way, younger generations follow in the footsteps of their parents and grandparents, how they are raised at home will have an impact on how they behave when older. 

Thanks for all of the responses for I am glad I am not the only thinking that this guy was an idiot. It is so sad to see people feel that the are entitled to special treatment and thus making everyone around them feeling miserable. As I mentioned before what was odd to me was that the drunks were more friendly and easier to deal with then some one that appeared sober to me.