Nice option for Nassau-recommended!

JenL11

Sharing some feedback of a successful 'self' excursion.  Stopped in Nassau for the day and just wanted to spend the day relaxing at a beach with service and facilities.  Booked a day at the Hilton British Colonial hotel.  It's a very short walk down the road from the pier (no need for a cab).  Lovely beach, pool, bar and beautiful hotel.  We got there early off the ship and had a tiki umbrella on the beach with lounge chairs but there were plenty of chairs for all.  Keep in mind that the beach is actually on the harbor so you can see the cruise ships. This was actually a good thing because we could still get the VOOM wireless from our ship the whole day at the hotel.  Our credit for 2 was $80 for the day, we came in at $79 and change...two lunches, 3 drinks.   Here are details from an email I received from the hotel:

We do offer Day Passes at $65.00 per adult with kids at half price (6ys-12yrs); children 5 and under free with each paying adult. Upon your arrival to the hotel, you may purchase passes directly at the front desk. The Day Pass includes access to the hotel's pool, beach, kayaks, towels, lounge chairs (cabanas and day beds for in house guest use only) and a $40 food and beverage credit each adult guest, snorkeling gear is based on availability. The Day Passes are only sold with the Food and Beverage voucher and are not sold separately. The food and beverage credit can be used at your leisure on the outside at The Patio Bar and Grille or inside at Aqua restaurant. 

Day Passes are also sold online at $60.00 per adult with a 20% deposit at the time of booking. Please see the following links for availability -  http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonResortPass.htm
;  www.bahamasdaypass.com
 or http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabch.htm
 . The Day Pass starts from 9am and for your safety our life guards are on duty from 9am to 5pm. 

The British Colonial Hilton is within 10 minute walking distance from the cruise ship harbor. When you exit the cruise dock you would make a right hand turn and just follow the roadway to the end where you would see Senor Frogs Restaurant, turn left and follow to road to the front of the building to the entrance of the hotel. If you would prefer to catch a cab, the price is $9.00 for the first two persons and $3.00 for each additional person. The cab ride is also approximately 10 minutes away from the hotel. If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact me and once again thank you for choosing the British Colonial Hilton.

Thanks for this information. After many port stops in Nassau and not really impressed with it we have made it a "stay on the ship day". We are headed there for whats become our annual Anthem Thanksgiving cruise on Anthem and I am already looking forward to this new way to enjoy some beach time!

Thank you for posting your experience.  After Matt's review, we decided to book the Hilton British Colonial for May.  We've done Atlantis way too many times and wanted a day to relax on the beach.  I think we made the right choice.

BCH is a great alternative to Atlantis.  I think you will enjoy it a lot.

The hotel "opens" at 9am, but it is very close to the port.  We started our day at 9, and headed back to the ship at 3..onboard by 3:40 because of a backup at security at the port. If you want an option for the day and don't want to stay on the ship, I think it's totally worth it, even with a compressed timeline. You have a beach, pool, bar and lunch.  You could also reach out to the hotel via email and see if they will let you arrive earlier than 9. Have a great trip!