The Foodie Trip - Is a dining package best?

Jonesy

My girlfriend and I are sailing on Harmony of the Seas in May of 2023.  We've turned this into a culinary experience and we've filled our plate (put intended) with just about every food experience we could squeeze in without going overboard (this crap is borderline dad jokes).  

Here is a list so far:  Onboard Activities - Sip.Tour.Brunch, On a Roll Sushi Making Class (where are the cupcakes?)  Dining: Chef's Table - Dinner, Chops Grille, Izumi Hibachi Experience, Sabor Taqueria & Tequila Bar, Solarium Bistro, Jamie's Italian by Jamie Oliver - Lunch, Dinner at 150 Central Park.  Excursions: Mexican Cooking, Tasting & Beach Break,  Coco Beach Club - Overwater Cabana and Full Day Pass.

So this is a very food friendly setup.  Now I've booked all these things individually to ensure I would have reservations. Would it be safe to just go with a dining package instead?  Or do I risk missing out on sampling most of what the ship has to offer?  I could get the ultimate dining package for two for $450-ish plus tax.  Maybe call it $500?   What I paid for my dining reservations so far is pretty close to the same as the ultimate dining package.  I don't know how pricing would figure out for Solarium Bistro.  Is it free?  Also, does it get you discounts on the Sip.Tour.Brunch or the sushi making class?

I've sailed Harmony twice. Once with the UDP. Surprised that you don't have Wonderland included for your foodie trip. I would recommend it over Sabor or even Chops. Chops was good but I found it to be like most high end steak houses on shore. The Wonderland experience is a little harder to find. Adding Wonderland probably gets you to where UDP is better deal but you would still be carrying cost of individual reservations you made to keep the good reservation times you made until you get the OBC for them. You would also be getting Izumi sushi, Johnny Rockets, and Sabor lunch/afternoon meal or snack options.

P.S. Don't forget to pack a larger pair of pants for the end of the week. Enjoy the cruise!

Fellow foodie here. Some thoughts:

• I agree that not including Wonderland in your foodie trip is an unintentional oversight - you should fold that in somewhere.
  • Your only sushi experience is the sushi-making class (I think it's a California roll), whereas Izumi's full menu is much more adventurous. Consider booking a proper Izumi reservation to experience their full menu.
  • 150CP does not do lunch. 
  • I would drop Solarium Bistro from your list - it's nice, but there are far better foodie experiences onboard. 

If cost is not an issue, then go with whatever makes you happy. UDP makes sense if you're wanting to save $ over booking multiple individual reservations. In your case, if you were to drop Sip.Tour.Brunch and On a Roll Sushi Making Class and replace with specialty lunches, your UDP will go farther.