Dinning Time

Oranaman

Just trying to make sure I understand this fully....So we've been on two 3n cruises on Freedom and had My Time dining and only ate in MDR once in both cruises.  We did Chops and Windjammer (Which were okay with).   For our 7n SOS cruise in Feb, our TA put us in at 530 time slot. 

My question is...if we stay with that 530 time and we do not switch to MY TIME...we're needing to show up at 530 to be seated in MDR?

With MY TIME...we could request/try to reserve table for say, 630, and that would be our nightly time in MDR each night (if we choose to eat there).  OR If we're on My Time but want to wing it each night, we may be waiting until tables become available, right (that's such a rookie question)...LOL!  Do I have this thought process correct?

33 minutes ago, Mike T said:

Just trying to make sure I understand this fully....So we've been on two 3n cruises on Freedom and had My Time dining and only ate in MDR once in both cruises.  We did Chops and Windjammer (Which were okay with).   For our 7n SOS cruise in Feb, our TA put us in at 530 time slot. 

My question is...if we stay with that 530 time and we do not switch to MY TIME...we're needing to show up at 530 to be seated in MDR?

With MY TIME...we could request/try to reserve table for say, 630, and that would be our nightly time in MDR each night (if we choose to eat there).  OR If we're on My Time but want to wing it each night, we may be waiting until tables become available, right (that's such a rookie question)...LOL!  Do I have this thought process correct?

Yes, early and late settings are fixed times. You can only show up at MTD if you have it selected pre cruise or have it changed onboard- which may not be possible.

With MTD, You can wing it each night, but will typically wait longer. I make reservations for the week, but they can be changed onboard if our plans change.

44 minutes ago, Mike T said:

Yes, with the fixed (traditional) dining times, you need to show up at the time to be seated in the MDR.  (There can be some flexibility if you let them know in advance but your table is intended to be used twice that night for both traditional dining times.)

With MTD, you can reserve times for each night and they do NOT have to be the same.  You could schedule 6:30PM one night, 7:30PM the next, etc.  If you make reservations for MTD, a table should be waiting for you so you do not have to wait.  You can also go without reservations (wing it) but you may have to wait for an open table.  MTD is very similar to a sit down restaurant on land (you can go with or without reservations).

MTD in June started at 645. In Vision last week it was 6 pm. We had booked 645 in Planner because of our June experience. So it turned out there were very few tables at 645. Lousy experience despite reservations. Saw walkins seated immediately while we waited. So now I would say book 6 pm. Others in our line arrived 30 min late but were seated in order of arrival.