The one where they find a Genie!! Allure, December 30 2022-January 6 2023

TVA68

The one where they find a Genie!

7 Night Western Caribbean Holiday

December 30 2022-January 6 2023

About the travelers:

Well, first off I had all intentions of waiting  until check-in to start this blog.  But I got our SC questionnaire today! So I am beyond excited!

There will be 5 of us. Myself-Tina, my twins sons Boe & Jonas, and their 2 besties Connor & Ian.

Ian will be celebrating his 16th birthday on embarkation day!  That’s wasn’t planned. Just a bonus.

The boys and I have been on Allure once before. Such an amazing ship.  We are ready for the walking. I maybe #deck17 by the end of this one. I know it will be a totally different experience this time around. The boys are older and bringing friends. This group of boys travel well together. We’ve been on multiple major league baseball game & theme park trips. They also play various school sports together. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed, between the zip-line, mini golf, rock climbing & flow riders etc they’ll stay busy. They’ve been informed Sea days I will be found pool side or on balcony w a good book. They are welcomed to join me but I’m not moving. Every night we will do dinner and shows as a group and the rest of the night is there’s.

Cabin:

2BRAT 9330. I stalked the website for over a month and low and behold this cabin opened up. Over the moon we got this cabin. From what I’ve read on this amazing site, it will be perfect for us. With that being said, could anyone, please tell me why I’m still stalking the website for other cabins to become available and is this normal? #deck17 again.

I’ve watched so many YouTube videos- I’m gonna start a new drinking game. Rules of the game: I have take a shot every time Danny from Harr Travel says “I’m 6’6”  or  “I’m a big guy”. That way I’ll be primed & get the most out of my drink package! Don’t cancel me for that one! I’m sure he’s a great guy. I really do enjoy all his cabin and ship videos. There very informative and helped me immensely.

I am so excited about our first Star Class cruise. I mean, who isn’t excited about going home with all clean laundry after a vacation? Our original first Star Class cruise was scheduled for March 2023.

But—Star Class & NYE—I just couldn’t say NO! So even better-we will now have 3 Star Class cruises in the next 7 months. Is there such a thing as Star Class trifecta? Star class and never going back.

Next two are:

OASIS March 19-26. We are booked in 2 BRAT 10330. Coco Cay here we come!

Allure July 2-9th. We are in the Royal Loft for that one. (Lift & Shift from 2020.) Don’t get me started about this one just yet! 12 of us going. All in SC!  That’s a story for another blog-

I am an event/wedding planner by trade so I’m not sure how having someone else plan it all will go!  That’s just my personality. I like to cross my T’s & dot my I’s months in advance. This time- I’m just gonna breath and let go and have faith in the genie! That’s my plan. Now-if I can just stick to it! My sons already said there’s no way that’s happening. I think they even have a side bet going as to when I’ll actually cave and start planning.

Full disclosure- I already told them excursions & spa do not count. I had those in the cart 6 days after booking! Any good cruiser knows those book fast. Wink. Wink. I haven’t told them I’ve been looking at old Star Class itinerary’s posted on here. We’ll keep that between us.

But with the holiday season upon us, the Genie maybe my saving grace. Between cooking for 32 for Thanksgiving (yes my blessed family is that big) the 3 weddings, 4 private corporate holiday parties, I have on the books, I may not have time to plan this cruise. How many wishes do we get with our Genie and do they work on land? Oh, let’s not forget family Christmas.

I am proud of my restraint. It took all I had not to start this blog the day I booked the room. I figured, by waiting until the official check-in date, I wouldn’t break any records for the World’s most prematurely posted live blog! But I think receiving my email today blew that plan out of the water. Most importantly, so my sons can’t call me an overachiever.

I have booked our pre cruise hotel & parking at the terminal. I’ll put those under the excursion & spa category! Mostly likely to sell out!

We are leaving out of the brand new all green energy use terminal out of Galveston. Excited to see it and see how it will function. I think we are the 6th Allure sailing out of the new terminal. I’ll be sure to take notes & pics of that. I heard parking booked up early. So, I’ve book the North Premium lot. No clue where it will be. But it was the closest covered parking to the RC terminal.

I’d like to say a big Thank-you to all the folks who have shared their experiences on this site. It’s been invaluable information for many of us. It also helps alleviate some anxiety for those who stress about wanting to give their friends, family & loved ones memorable vacations, that are talked about for decades.

(The title of the blog is a reference to the show Friends by the way. The name of all the episodes always started The one..) Now I will have to order those dang magnets for the cabin door! Dang you Etsy!

F2BE1D34-CDF3-4D2D-8369-E78D0D32C9EA.jpeg

0D3A688D-93AE-4181-B35E-2C40C1E2158B.jpeg

On 10/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, TVA68 said:

I’ve watched so many YouTube videos- I’m gonna start a new drinking game. Rules of the game: I have take a shot every time Danny from Harr Travel says “I’m 6’6”  or  “I’m a big guy”. That way I’ll be primed & get the most out of my drink package!

🤣🤣🤣 You forgot to include "a safe for you laptop" and so much closet space"!!!

The videos are great and we love him too.

Have fun sailing!  We just did the Royal Loft on Allure and have a 2BR ATS in the future so we will be following.

1 hour ago, TVA68 said:

@MLH I do know this about new terminal parking-North Premium Covered is the closest to new terminal. 20% off parking prices for new terminal start today.  Port of Galveston parking. 

Thanks, but we will be flying in from Atlanta and ubering or shuttling from the hotel.

21 hours ago, TVA68 said:

Please let me know your thoughts on both cabin types. Very curious on that! #deck17anddidntknowit? 
Is there a blog on your RL trip? Newbie sorry. But would love to read/follow along. 

Yes, I tried my first shot at a Live Blog but failed.  It started off OK, but after boarding the ship I went into full vacation mode.  While I did not avoid the internet, I didn't really post.  Learning point for me, vacation is  more important.😴

We have not had the ATS yet so hoping to learn from you.  Jim @Rags1 did a great blog of the Royal Loft a few weeks before our sailing and covered it better than I ever could.

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to The one where they find a Genie!! Allure, December 30 2022-January 6 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

The official 45 day countdown has begun.

We are all checked in. Oh my, 90 days to 45 days out flew by.

Of course, I was up at 545. I guess I was more  excited to check-in than I gave it credit.   Check in on the app was super easy. I was a tad worried. 3 of us have passports and 2 do not. I worried for nothing. Scanning passports was so simple. The whole check-in process for all 5 of us took under 10 minutes.

The available check in times started at 10am and closed at 3 or 330. Our check-in time is officially 10am. Putting the SetSail passes in my Apple wallet made it REAL.

I did find out we will have Red, 70’s Disco, Formal/dress to impress, and Caribbean nights. So outfit ideas are flowing already. Is it too early to start packing?

I was pleasantly surprised that the “boys” (use that loosely due to their ages 14-16) are looking forward to the dress up nights. Jonas even picked themed socks to go with his Caribbean night get up! I was told to make sure to bring NYE party accessories. So I’ve ordered a few extra things for them to enjoy while ringing in the New Year.  Boe asked what theme I was going for on the cabin door! Magnets ordered.

I guess, the next milestone will be Genie assignment email. From what I’ve read, that’s like 2 weeks away? I hope he/she is ready. I have a PDF with all our wants/needs ready to attach & send. I hope I don’t end up on their “She must have OCD” list!

After reading many blogs on here, I do know-you don’t get what you don’t ask for.

Let’s face it-this SC life doesn’t come cheap.

On that subject—I’ve seen a lot of strange changes to SC floating around various websites. Like cupcake class not being included and special hours for things like flowrider-zipline etc. Granted-this might only be on select ships. They where cruising on Harmony.  They also had a snap shot of the letter they received from the Genie, stating as such. It really seemed to limit the things I paid this price for. Easy access to flowrider-zipline rockwall type attractions are important for me. Now it seems they are just giving SC random hours of access.

I’m not sure if this one was true but, they where saying on our NYE sailing even SC had to pay for speciality restaurants on NYE night ? That is yet to be determined. But it was floating around. I have to say-if I have to pay extra for Chops on NYE, I will be very disappointed and make it known. I am holding out hope this doesn’t happen.

Anyone sailed on a holiday type cruise that can answer this one for me?

Oh-and that new Galveston terminal!  Watching the videos, it looks amazing. I cannot wait to see it. The photo op wall and the Galveston trio so adorable. Love that they got local artist to put finishing touches on it like that. For anyone sailing out of there-1) North covered premium lot is closest. 2) Use door on your right for suite class/pinnacle check in.

Okay-next check up will be about the excursions!

Again-a big TY to all the people on this amazing site!  

1 hour ago, TVA68 said:

Like cupcake class not being included and special hours for things like flowrider-zipline etc. Granted-this might only be on select ships. They where cruising on Harmony.

I just got off Oasis and the sushi and cupcake classes are no longer free with Star Class.

1 hour ago, TVA68 said:

I have to say-if I have to pay extra for Chops on NYE, I will be very disappointed and make it known. I am holding out hope this doesn’t happen.

Anyone sailed on a holiday type cruise that can answer this one for me?

I have sailed on a holiday cruise -- not Star Class though.  The normal holiday cruise you couldn't use the Ultimate Dining Package on NYE at the specialty restaurant that was serving the special NYE paid dinner. Chops was charging $99/person for that night. Basically it included the lobster and champagne.  This may be a case where Star Class would have to pay an upcharge for the meal.  I would suggest just doing a different specialty restaurant on NYE.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I sit here, full belly, watching the cold rain come down and I want to be on cruise already!

It was an amazing Thanksgivings. So much to be Thankful for! Close to the top of that list is this SC cruise!  34 days and counting. The time just keeps flying by. What the heck?

We maybe adding another to our cabin. My younger brother Gunner- is trying to work it in! That makes me so happy. An adult to hang with would be nice. The boys are probably thinking the same thing- she’ll have someone to get up early with her!

Not sure how adding him after final payment date goes, but we shall find out. I know the cabin can hold 8. We are at 5 now, so no issue there.  I’ll be chatting w TA Monday.  There are only 2 types of cabins sold out already. I don’t think adding him will be an issue capacity wise.

Because I just can’t help myself-I did make show reservations when they opened. I’ll let Genie know he can change whatever he needs to. I’ll leave that up to them. It just occurred to me-if I add my brother those reservations will be mute. Oh well, I’ll just go to the app and take them off and leave all to the Genie. This is what I get for doing their job. Lesson learned.

I’m still awaiting my Genie assignment. From my research, Alan R, Romina & Smitha are on board Allure now. Read great things about all 3. Excited! I imagine we can’t go wrong with any of them.

It’s almost time to bring the suit cases down! Boys all ordered shirts for Caribbean night and are using Halloween costumes for 70’s night. (They all went as Club 54 dancers.) So that’s two nights down.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 hour ago, TVA68 said:

I’m still awaiting my Genie assignment. From my research, Alan R, Romina & Smitha are on board Allure now. Read great things about all 3. Excited! I imagine we can’t go wrong with any of them.

Alan R was the one we had when I did my Allure live blog! But I have heard good things about Romina and Smitha as well, do I don't think you will be disappointed with any of them.

I am with you on the 

On 11/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, TVA68 said:

On that subject—I’ve seen a lot of strange changes to SC floating around various websites. Like cupcake class not being included and special hours for things like flowrider-zipline etc. Granted-this might only be on select ships. They where cruising on Harmony.  They also had a snap shot of the letter they received from the Genie, stating as such. It really seemed to limit the things I paid this price for. Easy access to flowrider-zipline rockwall type attractions are important for me. Now it seems they are just giving SC random hours of access.

I  am in total agreement of this.  I have sailed star when it was first initiated.  The  service and perks have changed dramatically.   Many things have been cut back due to Covid, and now with full sailings it is much more noticeable.  I use the flowrider and in the past it was every 3rd person on non peak hours.  Now it is one hour at 8 or 9 am on the last sea day.  Really?  I have to get up early to get my perk? 

It seems they really only push  the food coma portion and nothing much else.  In the past, the genie could reserve a spot on rising tide bar or On air, they could use their magic keys to get you to where you want to go without stopping, skip the lines with the wristband, classes, daily thermal spa access, but no longer.  

As someone who cruises many times  a year, I find that the Star class isn't what it has been  I do have 2 more booked this year but I think it is the last in Star and will book cheaper suites. I do like the Royal product and will be happy with the Sky Class perks.

What is odd is The Star suites still sail full at historically very high premium prices so Royal isn't going to be changing the program to include any of these perks .  

I am so with you! If this SC cruise doesn’t blow me away-I will rebook my others in Sky. The cost-with the perks SC originally started with-are the ones that my family will use. Flowrider, rockwall kind of stuff. If that perk is removed-not sure it’s worth it for us. 
Sad they are pushing the food coma. Not that I don’t want some awesome snacks up in my suite- but I can do that kind of stuff without the help of a genie. 

You are so on point with the sloooow reduction of SC perks and the outrageous prices that come with it. RC has absolutely no reason to reinstate them. It’s saving them $$.

I am trying not to be to harsh on them. Enjoy RC product.  I haven’t tried the SC yet. But the changes have been posted all over social media. Those changes raised a real red flag with me. 

I have 4 SC booked in the next 18 months. This cruise will determine a lot for me. 

1 hour ago, TVA68 said:

I am so with you! If this SC cruise doesn’t blow me away-I will rebook my others in Sky. The cost-with the perks SC originally started with-are the ones that my family will use. Flowrider, rockwall kind of stuff. If that perk is removed-not sure it’s worth it for us. 
Sad they are pushing the food coma. Not that I don’t want some awesome snacks up in my suite- but I can do that kind of stuff without the help of a genie. 

You are so on point with the sloooow reduction of SC perks and the outrageous prices that come with it. RC has absolutely no reason to reinstate them. It’s saving them $$.

I am trying not to be to harsh on them. Enjoy RC product.  I haven’t tried the SC yet. But the changes have been posted all over social media. Those changes raised a real red flag with me. 

I have 4 SC booked in the next 18 months. This cruise will determine a lot for me. 

You are not being harsh. I also think some of the issue are the explosion of social media that has outlined all of the perks previously and makes the genies job much harder with all of the requests posted publicly.  Our first Star was incredible without any extra cakes, gifts, requests. Our second to last one we requested a little more, but our genie was new and not very good. Only interacted with me, barely spoke to my husband or friends who were in the A1 with us.  This was my friends first Star Class and she was not impressed as I hyped it. 

I think you will have a great time, as long as you know going in what is included.  It really is a great program and provides great memories for your family.  Since they do  not have a shoreside rep for Star Class I may suggest that you email mbayley@rccl.com to answer your questions.

Someone on our cruise just got their Genie email today. I am so excited. Checking my emails hourly. 31 days and counting.  
I have already made my cabin gift bag exchange gift. Filled it with NYE party accessories. Glasses, hats noise makers etc. Have ordered all the little stuff you need for the toiletry bags. Have decorations for cabin door and cabin for NYE. Suitcases are coming down tomorrow. I don’t trust my sons to pack all they need to for this trip. They are usually great at packing their own suitcases. I just don’t want I forgot—-when we are 100 miles out at sea. 

So now a bit about our excursions.  
 First stop is Cozumel. We are doing the Underwater Trek. Love this excursion. Had a blast last time. Can’t wait to do it again. 
Second port of call is Costa Maya. Booked the VIP Dolphin Adventure. 
Roatan, we are doing one of the many ziplines. Boys picked this one. But I am not against a good zipline. 

I read somewhere that you can book the Raising Tide Bar for the 70s disco night.  Has anyone done this? Sounds like it would be right up my alley  

I think the pre-packing phase you are in is my favorite part sometimes. I just bought some Black Friday stuff for our trip (excursions, photo pkg), and we've started designing our cruise shirts for April - DH wants to tie dye them for some reason. 🤷‍♀️ I just watched a couple of YouTube videos of the new terminal, and I didn't see any signage for star class. I wonder if you just go to the area with the rest of the suites and then split off to a star area and meet your genie from there? And what about your luggage? I'm glad you are posting all the details for my anxious, must-have-all-the-answers-before-we-go mentality!

Sounds like the perfect excursions for 4 boys!

First off~born and raised in Denton Tx! Hi neighbor! 

Star Class check-in for Galveston is #6. If you make the round about it’s the last number you’ll see on your left. Closest parking is North premium covered lot. When you come in into terminal take the doors on your right. Suite SC & Pinnacle check in or that way. 

and now back to packing. 

Well I’m gonna start with the not so good news. Our excursion for Cozumel got cancelled today. Not sure why. But I will miss not doing  the Underwater Sea Trek. 
So now the search for the a replacement excursion begins.  Getting the agree the first time was nail biting. I may just pick and go. Less stress for mom. 

Good news is-got Gunner added today. Very simple and a lot less $$ than I was expecting. They simply added him at the same rate as the last passenger booked. Cannot complain about that at all! It was cheaper than the current price of the beverage package. How ‘bout them apples!! All smiles. My brother thought I was kidding when I told him the price. “Booze, food & entertainment for a week. I’m in”  He is truly clueless about SC. I don’t think he even knows it exists. Showed him the room video, itinerary and that was it. He was game. I was also pleasantly surprised that the 1030am check in time was still available. Wasn’t really worried about that tho. Figured the Genie would fix that for us. The original 5 had 10am. So—not much of a time difference to begin with. If I remember correctly, I, think I read an hour one way or the either formSC?
I’m not sure if it’s me or what-but 30 days out with 1030 boarding still available was a bit shocking. Maybe we are the only early birds on the cruise? I’ll take It. Works out well for us. 

The suitcases are down in the packing is going to commence! Starting with cabin door decor!
The one where they go on a cruise………

It is so fun to read your blog!   I will be on Harmonyar the same time, though we are “slumming” (lol) in an ocean balcony.  I will be very interested in hearing about your star class experience.  We are hopeful to take one when we are not locked as teachers into the high price times.  I’m absolutely an overplanner…I was on at 11 pm central time to check in at 12 eastern!   Thanks so much for sharing…I may live blog but I have the feeling of sun, drink, eat, repeat might get boring!  Good luck getting through the next month and hope you find a new excursion!  Jane

15 hours ago, TVA68 said:

First off~born and raised in Denton Tx! Hi neighbor! 

Star Class check-in for Galveston is #6. If you make the round about it’s the last number you’ll see on your left. Closest parking is North premium covered lot. When you come in into terminal take the doors on your right. Suite SC & Pinnacle check in or that way. 

We're less than an hour from Denton. Thanks for the info!

Okay—As stated before I am an over planner by nature. Please keep this in mind as you read on—

I have joined a few Facebook pages. One in particular, just for this sailing. Their are numerous post about them getting their Genie assignments. At least that I’ve read.  I haven’t gotten mine yet. We sail in 28 days. Should I email the ships Suite Concierge or wait a few more days. I don’t want to start anything or get anyone in trouble. Not really worried about getting any reservations except NYE dinner. We all want Chops. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated! 
@WAAAYTOOO

@MLH
Sorry about the tag. But you 2 came to mind first. 

I have always heard from our genies at around the 28 mark, sometimes a few days past. The anticipation and waiting is the worst but regardless of when you hear from them they will be able to take care of all your bookings and requests.  We have an upcoming cruise on Harmony on Dec 24th and heard from our genie at day 26.
if you don’t hear by Day 21 it may not hurt to follow up because it’s possible they have an incorrect email address. (This recently happened to me and my TA sorted it out. It’s also why I didn’t receive the questionnaire at the 60 day mark) 

7 hours ago, Jax said:

It’s included for star class but is not included in unlimited dining packages.  

It has been our experience that whichever specialty restaurant is hosting the "specialty" holiday meal (most often Chops, but not always) is not complimentary even for Star Class....but there will always be at least 1 specialty restaurant which will remain complimentary for both UDP and SC.  Maybe it's a ship-specific "rule".

@TVA68Give it a couple of days.  Some Genies may do it at different time frames.  As long as you got your original survey they have you.  They have open access to restaurant bookings so you should be fine with your Chops Reservation.  

I actually had a dream last night, that we hadn't heard from our Genie for our may cruise when we boarded and no one knew who it was. lol

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It has been our experience that whichever specialty restaurant is hosting the "specialty" holiday meal (most often Chops, but not always) is not complimentary even for Star Class....but there will always be at least 1 specialty restaurant which will remain complimentary for both UDP and SC.  Maybe it's a ship-specific "rule".

Interesting. On our cruise planner holiday menus are at Chops and 150 Central Park on Dec 24&25th for $99.  I will report back on what happens on Harmony. 

Drum roll please,

It’s Alan R for us! So excited. Have read wonderful reviews about this sweet man. I cannot wait! 
He’s already a step ahead of me. He had us doing Chops NYE already. Love this. If my Dolphins had to lose today at least I got my Genie letter. 
26 days and counting.  

If anybody has any ideas for a gift please let me know. 
TIA!

FD97B961-2E47-4B60-8DEC-663C4EB3EEEF.jpeg

@MLH I know they are doing bridge on Allure. It posted in app on check in day. I asked about booking Escape Room & Laser Tag. I’ll let you know when Alan replies. 

In response to, what seems to be, SC amenities being taken away little bit by little bit, it does seem to be true.  Things such as, rockwall zipline etc, are limited to “Non-peak hours-on sea days” Shaking my head at this one.  Ordering from only one speciality restaurant at a time is kind of a turn off for me.  More because what the boys want to eat and what I want don’t always match up.  It would be nice to NOT have to choose while on vacation.  But it is what it is.  I’m staying positive because I know Alan will,take care of all of us.  He has nothing but glowing reviews.  

It’s time to start packing! 

2 hours ago, TVA68 said:

@MLH I know they are doing bridge on Allure. It posted in app on check in day. I asked about booking Escape Room & Laser Tag. I’ll let you know when Alan replies. 

In response to, what seems to be, SC amenities being taken away little bit by little bit, it does seem to be true.  Things such as, rockwall zipline etc, are limited to “Non-peak hours-on sea days” Shaking my head at this one.  Ordering from only one speciality restaurant at a time is kind of a turn off for me.  More because what the boys want to eat and what I want don’t always match up.  It would be nice to NOT have to choose while on vacation.  But it is what it is.  I’m staying positive because I know Alan will,take care of all of us.  He has nothing but glowing reviews.  

It’s time to start packing! 

The ordering from 1 restaurant at a time has been around even pre covid.  The work around is to order from different restaurants to be delivered at different times.   We had sushi apps before our Chops dinner. 

Flowrider used to be every third person, but now only 1 hour on the last sea day.

I will draw the line at no Starbucks delivery in the morning! lol

On 12/4/2022 at 10:18 PM, TVA68 said:

If anybody has any ideas for a gift please let me know. 

He is so appreciative of anything you could gift him. We gave him consumables so he doesn't have to worry about storing a gift and he can share with other crew members...stuff like candy, granola bars, etc.  If there's something local in your area that makes anything consumable and individually wrapped, maybe consider that..help a small business and brighten the crew members' days!

Feel free to ask him if there's anything specific he would like you to pick up! Usually they won't take you up on it (unless you're a returning guest of theirs...you basically become family with Alan if you're open to that!)

Allure doesn't have an escape room and once they know the entertainment schedule for the week (usually finalizes the week before your sailing) they will know when the laser tag times will be and he will add that to your schedule. That's one of the Genie escorted events typically, so you shouldn't have to wait in line at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow how time flies! The closer it gets-the faster the days seem to flying by. Excited doesn’t cover it. Still have a full schedule between now and departure day!  

Not sure how the Facebook group for this sailing knows-but they are saying it’s a sold out sailing.  From other blogs for a holiday sailing this sounds about right. 

RC delayed the boarding & sail away time by an hour.  Apparently-from another social media sailing page-the crowding at the new terminal is really bad. It seems to be mainly traffic flow issues. Do not quote me on that one if you’re leaving from Galveston soon!   One post said that they waited for over an hour in traffic to get into terminal parking area.  They where coming in from over the bridge.  Not on the island itself.  Another one said that they had to circle the RC Premium parking lot and ended up stalking exiting passengers and following them to their car. They where not happy considering they paid-I’m assuming a premium price from the name of the lot. 
Our Genie said 11am. This was before we got the letter from RC.  I think 1) Alan heard threw past sailings the terminal was a mess. 2) He knew RC was about to make this change.  

All travel documents are ready. Needed the RC traveling with minors form signed & notarized. Much easier than I thought. Ty to my TA for getting that 411 for me. 
There was an issue with one of our excursions. The dolphin adventure was sold out and couldn’t get my brother added. So we bailed on ours. So we now have nothing booked for Coasta Maya. A ship day doesn’t hurt my feelings. Excited to explore the ship when it’s NOT packed. Also, we can’t go wrong with just checking out the port there. It was amazing last trip. Going with the flow—plans are never set in stone when on vacation!  

I have packed almost everything. All theme nights have an outfit  and an extra for NYE just in case I get the urge to change after dinner. I gave up on overpacking weeks ago.  I’m in our cabin gift exchange and there are 9 cabins in my group. So that took up a bit of room.  It’s all good tho-SC got me covered and I have 4 teenage boys to help carry it all. For once, the suitcases will be lighter going home!

I have Alan’s gift. I have way too many NYE decorations-for cabin & us! I have a,To Get Done List,  that keeps going threw my head. I seem to be getting stuff done-but the list keeps growing. This happened to anyone else? And to go back to a past post-until our cruise didn’t show up anymore, I kept looking at available cabins. #TeamDeck17!  I think I’m SC spoiled and haven’t even sailed yet! I’ve got it bad.  Who has a beautiful 2BRAT booked and keeps searching? 

Jonas has his suitcase down and has some items already packed.  Ian said “I’m more excited for the cruise than I am for Christmas.”  The other two where asking if they showed NFL games! I rolled my eyes and said that’s 1st World problems for ya.  But fear NOT they’ll have all games! So our anticipation is building! 

10 days and counting! 

May you all be Merry & Bright!