do you need an enhanced driver's license to fly out of New York to fort Lauderdale?

Sammie

My husband and I are goin on our first cruise on liberty of the seas January 16 2023.. sorry if I ask dumb question.. I have not flown or been on a cruise before before .I was wondering do you need an enhanced driver's license to fly out of New York to fort Lauderdale?.. on this Cruise do you need a passport? Also if we both would like to have use of our phones via internet do we get 1 internet package with 2 devices or do we need 2 internet packages  Thank you

• Matt changed the title to do you need an enhanced driver's license to fly out of New York to fort Lauderdale?
  1. The REAL ID requirement was delayed until May 3, 2023, so you will not need the enhanced drivers license for a January flight. 
  2. You don't need a passport. Can use a birth certificate and ID. Passport does help expedite the process at the terminal. 
  3. Definitely cheaper to get one package with two devices. And the number of devices just means the number that can be logged in at the same time. So if you wouldn't need to both be logged in simultaneously, you could take turns sharing a one-device package.