Bringing wine onboard for back-to-back sailings

Ritchie

We're booked on a back-to-back sailing in April 2023. We know that we can bring two bottles of wine onboard for a cruise. Our question is can we bring on four bottles since we won't have time to visit a market to buy another two bottles for the second leg. I can understand if RCCL holds back the second set of bottles but will they give them back to us at either the end of the first leg or at the beginning of the second.

BTW; we will be in the same stateroom.

Ritchie

14 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

We're booked on a back-to-back sailing in April 2023. We know that we can bring two bottles of wine onboard for a cruise. Our question is can we bring on four bottles since we won't have time to visit a market to buy another two bottles for the second leg. I can understand if RCCL holds back the second set of bottles but will they give them back to us at either the end of the first leg or at the beginning of the second.

BTW; we will be in the same stateroom.

Ritchie

You should receive them the last night of your first sailing in the cabin.

16 minutes ago, Qeyton Dude said:

We brought four on our B2B last month in Miami, fully expecting them to pull two aside and providing the last night as mentioned.  The wife carried two, as did I.  BUT, no one said anything to us through security, or at check in, and we ended up with all four in hand on day #1

you're actually living the dream tbh 🤩

11 hours ago, Qeyton Dude said:

We brought four on our B2B last month in Miami, fully expecting them to pull two aside and providing the last night as mentioned.  The wife carried two, as did I.  BUT, no one said anything to us through security, or at check in, and we ended up with all four in hand on day #1

Same with us earlier this year on Symphony…..we brought 4 bottles and I carried them all. No one batted an eye. However, technically, they’re supposed to hold 2 for the next leg but don’t be surprised if all 4 go through 🍷🍷

I have done this many times over the years, only a few times have I been questioned but showed them B2B, then no problem.  But like others say, they are just focused on keeping the lines moving.    You won't have any issues.    (Not saying this was me, but I have heard some have carried on 4 bottles before without a B2B! 🙂 )

DH, DD and I are doing a B2B in August 2023 - they get the DBP, but I only get the Refreshment - mainly for coffees & sodas, since those I can make sugar free (diabetic), but do like the occasional glass of wine with dinner.  Will be bringing a few bottles then, but I'm ok with 2 of them being held for the 2nd cruise.  

We boarded in Boston just a week ago. The screening agent just kind of glanced at the tops to make sure they were sealed (my 2 bottles were in paper bags). I wish one of them was Stellum Whiskey (it's in a wine bottle shape). Mrs Fan could have easily had another 2 bottles. 

I too am wondering about 12 packs of soda (or water).  I have a solo cruise B2B in Jan 2023, I do not drink much at all (and no wine, not my thing).  But I really love Diet DP and La Croix or similar (not citrus flavored).  I don't know if either are on the ship but it would be nice to bring what I would like.   I just emailed Royal about it in their ask a question section.  Will update when I get an answer.  Would have been nice if it had been in the frequently asked questions like the wine was.

3 hours ago, Rebecca from AK said:

I too am wondering about 12 packs of soda (or water).  I have a solo cruise B2B in Jan 2023, I do not drink much at all (and no wine, not my thing).  But I really love Diet DP and La Croix or similar (not citrus flavored).  I don't know if either are on the ship but it would be nice to bring what I would like.   I just emailed Royal about it in their ask a question section.  Will update when I get an answer.  Would have been nice if it had been in the frequently asked questions like the wine was.

Personally I would just bring it.  If security asks show them the second set sail pass.  I imagine they would not care.  If they confiscate it it would be made available at the end of cruise 1.